*opinions wanted *an idea for the SOR forum re user submitted resources (1 Viewer)

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
OK, this is an idea that i have been throwing around for the last couple of days that may be of interest to people.
(please keep in mind I'm a visual person so my written descriptions can become a little verbose and tend to get really side tracked..........)

My idea is that we should set up four threads (as/syllabus topics) that (hopefully) people will post websites that are helpful to students of SOR.
The four threads:
1) Aboriginal Spirituality
2) Influence of Religion 1901>
3) Cross Studies
4) Media and Non-religion (2 unit)

(and maybe a general SOR ?? but we might end up with heaps of threads going that intersect each other)

If people come across any good sites that may be help to other people, you can post the site in the appropriate thread with maybe a brief description and maybe where it fits into the syllabus (which dot point/s).

For the Cross Studies, because there are too many options to each have their own thread (plus putting them into one thread would be messy), my suggestion is for one person to "maintain" a downloadable HTML list of sites that are sent in via PM/email. That way you dont have to wade through volumes of text (I am being ambitious here!) trying to find a reference to X dot point in X unit).
Hopefully if this gets off the ground, one of the mods could make it a sticky so it floats around the top of the forum and doesnt get lost due to "non-use!

I guess a similar idea could also apply to ISP research areas (not possible questions) eg if you are doing architecture, here are X # of good sites to get you started. This again could be maintained by a downloadable HTML file to save space.

Any comments (+ve or -ve) or better suggestions are welcome.
BTW: I dont mind maintaining the two lists if that is a concern as I know how busy Yr12 can get.

If possible, this might be good to go/start sometime early in term 1 as people might want to get organised re the mid year exams.................

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
thats one!
Got anything to contribute so we can get this baby going!!
(I dont want to seem like Im taking over by posting heaps of stuff...... which I have BTW)

= Jennifer =

HSC
congrats snapperhead you got ur status changed to teacher!

maybe we could also have one thread for isp's since that also seems to be popular..and maybe one for exam questions

i know it will seem like we will have alot of threads but it will be worth it, the forum would look more organised.

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
well, I have lists for:
Aboriginal
Rel in Oz 1901>
All of the Cross Studies and All of the ISP topics ready to go..
just have to create the the threads and cut and paste I guess.......
Just wanted to make sure that ppl want it (guess Im waiting for our forum mod or another mod to give the green light)

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
OK,, lokks like I have will have to create the threads. Do you mind if I recopy your sites into the appropriate threads tenille?

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
or, if you give me 10 minutes, you can put them in yourself as you would know better than I were they go!
(does that sound right? Oh well.....)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
lol all the last posts in this forum are from snapperhead, and students have stopped helping now that there is a teacher around! i think people are scared they will give wrong info, since someone who knows what they are talking about is here to give info

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
naw........ I just like to see my name on the last post space!!!
Wait until school starts back up (after all, you know what people think about this subject).... I think (hope) it will pick up again + the all of the info I have seen given has been right....... + the majority of threads have been about getting this links thing up and running. Tele tells me that he is going to collapse all the threads as he doesnt want too many stickys in 'his' forum so my name will disappear quickly!!

plus I'm not going to correct anyone as there are many POV and different sources of info. (unless the info is sooooo wrong its not funny but even then I would more than likely keep my mouth shut so to speak)
I hope ppl here have more common sense and guts to not think that just cause I float around that I know everything (so to speak) and they cant contribute!!!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)