opinions... (1 Viewer)

Fermentation

HSC
i would like to know peoples opinions as to whether there are many difficult concepts or not in the motors & generators topic, reason being i didnt go all that well in the year 11 electricity topic...

Dark Phoenix

HSC
i initially found it a little complicated but if u just make notes on each syllabus point then ur fine. in the end i found that motors and generators was one of my stronger topics in physics. and just to let u know that the electricity topic in year 11 doesnt have great relevance in motors and generators. just forget everythin u learnt in yr11 except for mathematics

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
the motors topic was my favourite....some things like Lenz's law are confusing at first, but once youve mastered the topic and the basic ideas, the exam questions are all really easy - not much writing and mostly logic.

Thats the bad thing about relativity - you can overthink the questions and send your mind running round in circles.....

In year 11 electricity, there was a fair bit of formula manipulation and interpretation of circuit diagrams to determine voltages and stuff - there is none of that fiddly stuff in motors & generators. There are a couple of simple formulas to remember, but mathematically its a breeze.

Good luck! enjoy the rest of your holiday and don't stress too much

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)