• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Oporto Interview tips and all (1 Viewer)

NizDiz

HSC
Hey guys, got an interview for Oporto tomorrow. Just wondering any tips, like clothing, what to bring, what type of questions and answers and anything else, this is my first interview as well and I don't want to fuck up. Please help a brother in need. Thanks!!!!!!!!

JohnMaximus

shepherd of the people
HSC
1. Make sure you know a lot about what kind of work you will be doing, Adelaide Oportos are especially notorious for wanting candidates to know a lot about the work.
2. Dress "smart casual" which means a suit with no tie, a buttoned up shirt (no top button) and dress shoes and wear one hundred million thousand cholone.
3. What kind of person are you?
Start trying to answer this question on a piece of paper with simple stuff- favourite food, colour, then get to important things like defining events in your life and greatest achievements.
4. Scenario questions
If you are in a team of 5 people staffing the shop in the same shifts and 1 person is not pulling their weight what do you do?

Seriously though, it's a fast food job, use common sense eg. No swear, racist, showing up naked, asking if you can smoke during the interview, offering hookers and you'll be fine.

NizDiz

HSC
Thanks a lot dude!!! Great help :) What about if I wear a nice t-shirt with jeans, is that bad?

NizDiz

HSC
Also do I need to bring anything, like passport, birth certificate or anything else?

madharris

HSC
N/A
Thanks a lot dude!!! Great help :) What about if I wear a nice t-shirt with jeans, is that bad?
Wear a shirt :p
Jeans are probably ok as long as they're not cut offs

Also do I need to bring anything, like passport, birth certificate or anything else?
If they don't tell you to bring anything then bring:
- a copy of your resume
- any documents that you think you may need (e.g. if you say you said you have a first aid certificate on your resume then bring that in)
- a pen + paper is always good to have handy just incase
- your license as some places might need you to verify your ID
- and bring a smile! I know it sounds stupid, but that can really help :p

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)