Opposition to Nazis (1 Viewer)

joingler

HSC
Does anyone know if we need to know about the little opposition there was to the Nazi from inside Germany. If we do need to know where would I find the info?

Hope that question makes sense. Doesn't to me and I wrote it :-/ Sorry I can't think of a better way to write it :(

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
joingler said:
Does anyone know if we need to know about the little opposition there was to the Nazi from inside Germany. If we do need to know where would I find the info?

Hope that question makes sense. Doesn't to me and I wrote it :-/ Sorry I can't think of a better way to write it :(

Knowing about opposition, such as the White Rose, is useful as it shows that the country weren't all committed to the Nazi ideas.

Most textbooks I have seen have some mention of opposition, both in general and specifically.

hairyman69

HSC
N/A
The white rose would be useufl to mention if you get a question such as evaluate the effectivenesss of the organs of terror. You would not necessarily state that the White Rose was effective but rather talk about how even with organs of oppersion such as the Gestapo there were still those willingling to challenge Hitler and the Nazi Ideology. However you would ned to emphasis that there was no large opposition or resitance to Nazisism within Germany.

acinad//

HSC
regarding the syllabus point 'collapse of the weimar republic 1929-1933'
was it just the economy that brought down the republic, meaning the state of debt and the wall street crash in '28. or were there other contributors? my text book doesnt talk of much else and i was just wondering.

JDurrant

HSC
acinad// said:
regarding the syllabus point 'collapse of the weimar republic 1929-1933'
was it just the economy that brought down the republic, meaning the state of debt and the wall street crash in '28. or were there other contributors? my text book doesnt talk of much else and i was just wondering.
-depression
-no history of democracy in germany
-rise of Nazi party
-ineffective government
-Treaty of Versaille repercussions

anything else?

Andy09

Soccer is life
HSC
The Nazis gained a lot of their strength during the depression and people were looking to extremist groups for an answer so at the time there wasn't much opposition to Nazism with Germany.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)