Opposition to the Concept of Marriage. (1 Viewer)

faov

HSC
zimmerman8k said:
faov is a troll account. disregard everything he says.

although come to think of it marriage makes no sense. staying with one person all ur life goes against all our natural sexual urges.
I am not a troll account, fool.

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
zimmerman8k said:
re: Calculon

I agree with the aforementioned reasons for choosing marriage, but I think most of these are indoctrinated into us. Thats why we should move towards a more liberal view of relationships so people wont feel bad for satisfying their natural urges.
I don't know how much of why we don't want to just fuck 24/7 is indoctrinated into us and how much of it could be something that could often happen naturally ... ( I think this is an article on how monogomy evolved http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_of_Monogamy). I'm forwarding that it could very well be a matter of people satisfying their natural urges and their natural urge being to have one partner (which I believe is mostly true... at least in the short term).

-chadd

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Beyond that I think there's some explanations which aren't necessarily biological...but make sense. Such as certainty (when you're busy with work etc and have a hectic life it's good to have the certainty of a partner, with more than 1 i imagine it would complicate things and you could possibly get left out), jealousy (makes sense biologically as we're territorial etc), and I could go on I suppose given more time/thought :eek:

Bendeguz

HSC
I guess it could be the whole Fascist Virtues thing (No. IV “Absolute loyalty in personal relations”), but I believe that marriage is very important. I am also strongly opposed to the idea that infidelity is natural to humans, and that it doesn’t hurt them.

A strong part of the idea of marriage, I assume, may come from the concept that when your LX years old, you are probably quite content to know that there is somebody on the other side of the bed who cares for you, finds you important, is willing to make a sacrifice for you, will help you if you are troubled, will help you through difficult times. There comes a time when a person will want to be able to rely on another. It is a fundamental part of human psychology that we want consistency. That deep down, people don’t really care about truth, justice and liberty; but that tomorrow will be pretty much like today. If we didn’t, the gossip pages, John Howard, or poverty wouldn’t exist. People want to be able to improve their lives if they work hard, and that the efforts of their years of toil will still be worth something the next morning.

Plus, lets face it, after all that time your not exactly a spring chicken, and it might be nice to know that somebody likes you enough to take little notice of the wrinkles and liver spots. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)