Option: Communication (1 Viewer)

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Hey people, I'm just wondering how many of you lovely people are doing Communication for your Biology option topic.

We're starting this week... are we going a bit too slow?

s2ophie

HSC
we're doing it and we're halfway through. Its quite interesting with all the rods and cones in the eye and stuff. we haven't done anything on the ear or brain yet but it was good because our trial was only on the eye!

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
so in all would you say its very hard?
what textbooks are you using for it?

s2ophie

HSC
no its not very hard. so far its a lot of stuff you know stuff about any way. we're not really using the textbook. we have the heinemann text book so our teacher tells us to look at the option on the net if we really need to or she photocopies stuff for us

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah we started a few days before the trials.... we're half way through the eyes and identfying the parts and the rods and cones and stuff...

(hmmm you can tell i havent been paying attention in class hey?)

yeah but hopefully we all get to finish in time

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
we we have "finished" the topic.... ie i taught it to myself because my teacher is pathetic...

EDIT/ sorry dazed, just playing around with Mod stuff :)

Last edited by a moderator:

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
well today at school, my teacher threw a stack of sheets at us. it was a summary of everything in communication. why? i dont know.

Lucy Loo

we started communication on tuesday...................its pretty interesting.
we use the heinneman bio text, but our teacher has made us up a booklet of all the info we need to know, plus questions on that info and then she has included any relevant HSC questions that she thinks might be asked, or stuff that we deffinately must know.

Rayanz

rayanz
HSC
we jus started communications, with some 60 days to the HSC, and our teacher has told us, literally, to "start teaching ourselves" coz theres no way we'll get thru in time. amazing. this is my future she's playing with.

good lukc to you all. the reason why bio is so scaled down is coz so many ppl do it that are slack in studying. they pull the rest down, which is so unfair. good luck to you all - hope you do well for my sake and yours...

schooly

well today at school, my teacher threw a stack of sheets at us. it was a summary of everything in communication. why? i dont know
is it possible to scan and send me in PM or just attach it here? our teacher never shows up to class, we sit there in class trying to teach it to ourselves basically with how many days to the HSC.....?

Incomplete

hey, i was just wondering if anyone has covered the dot points
" process and analyse information from secondary sources to compare and describe the nature and functioning of photoreceptors cells in mammals, insects and in one other animal" and "process and analyse information from secondary sources to describe and analyse the use of colour for communication in animals and relate this to the occurence of colour vision in animals" if so, is it possible for u to help me or send me notes?

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
for the first one, my booklet only says "research it yourself etc" so yeh sorry

and the 2nd one is the same but it has a bit of info:
Many animals use colour to communicate a variety of types of information. the effectiveness of this communication depends on the animals to whom they are sending this information having colour vision to detect it. fish, amphibians, reptiles and birds have well-developed colour vision, but humans and other primates are among the minority of mammals that can see colour.

animals may use color to signal their availability to mate, to indicate their suitability as a potential parent, to hide from predators or to warn of their unpalatability as prey. some species mimic other unpalatable or poisonous species by using colour.
have you tried the heinemann biology info on communication on the net? http://www.hi.com.au/biol

sorry i dont have much more but im not up to it yet in class.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)