option: sports medicene (1 Viewer)

robbo1234

sports med n improving performance

Sports med- part b. refered to ethical issues and injury management. This means u had to relate the injury management procedures such as progressive mobilisation, stretching, conditioning etc to the ethical issues that may arise from the increased use of these procedures from sports medicine practitioners.. eg pressures to participate, the role of the coach and sports medicine practitioner and the use of drugs in relation to injury management..

improving performance-part b was the syllabus dot point of Variety of practices/drills (functional practice, phase practice etc), analysis of technique, technique correction... you could also have thrown extra shit in like specificty in relation to energy systems trained, resistance programs, diet, psychological strategies, to do with the 2 sports you were analysing.

this is what i hope n believe ne way..

robbo1234

KYKYJ said:
YES YES YES!!! i'm sooo happy thought the test was easy and the sport med. bit was easy 2 i talkd abt all return 2 play and TOTAPS procedures whilst getting into detail about the body using pain as a natural indicator of injury. .
oh k good one. i hope u didnt answer ur other questions how u answered the sports med one coz ur completely off the ball.

Chelski

I think I mentioned return to play in the sense that some players are rushed back into injury by sports medicine people with other interests (eg stakeholders). This related to the roles of the coach and sports medicine practitioner, which I used a lot.
Some ethical issues were: coaches practising first aid while unsupervised, players being seen as assets, players interests not being looked after.

Painkillers were a good thing to mention, about how they are often given to players without them knowing the risks, with an example being an English soccer player who were given injections each week and now has a disability and can't walk.

I didn't mention drugs, being thrown off by the "injury management" part. I said a little bit on TOTAPS but not much.

I feel like I did quite well, 12-14 for that question. I will be very happy if this gets scaled up, and I am hoping to get into the top 5% of the state.

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
I found question a) harder....what the hell was with that wording: - "barriers of protection equipment"....that is some shit wording.

neafoo

HSC
just meant what stops people from using protective equiptment didnt it?

i dunno im pretty dissappointed with the test but i dont blame the bos i just wished i had done better ;(

Brookee87

HSC
The whole time i was in yr 12 we did not learn what A ETHICAL ISSUE was ... myabe its common sense byt after the exam bout 5 of my mates go "that was fucked" and it was cos we had no idea
I wrote about how 2 manage soft tissue injuries like RICER n all that HARM and TOTAPS . totally fucked up.. the question on anxiety was good cos i studied that heaps! and the one on men n women health status but the SPORTS MED 15 marker was shittt
Improving performance 15 marker i wrote bout the energy system used and made a training program... did anyone else do that i think i did it wrong
but that test was a bitch!!

anita_wax

tehnaz
HSC
hmmm i did the cssa trial and i just checked the question....its completly different to the one form hsc. it actually also states in the question to talk about the pressures that athletes feel to play and the reasons why sports medicene is being used to help...something like that. MUCH BETTER WORDED. i got 11/15 for that. i will mostly get 5/15 thanks to hanging of words terribely

neafoo

HSC
its kinda hard to do that
i was 1st in pd h pe and i thinking about doing something related at uni but now i feel dumb ;(
i know you're not supposed to dwell on exams because theyre done and you cant change them but its kinda hard not to.

there is one thing i wish theyd do though, and thats standardise the number of questions they ask in the two cores, though its not too big of an issue.

EDIT : can someone define "ethical" for me ? lol ive got no idea what it means.

Last edited:

neafoo

HSC
lol i wrote 10 pages on what i thought ethic meant, looks like i was pretty close :).

chrisso52

oh the pain........

i thought i was the only one who hated that exam! health used to be my 2nd favourite subject which i OWNED every assessment!
i even did good in the trial which surprised me! thinking that the hsc wud be EASIER! i studied my ass off for that exam and what do i get?! **** QUESTIONS!! they were so limited and really didnt let me prove to the examiners that im a competent student..

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)