[Option Topic] Software Developer's View of Hardware (1 Viewer)

Winston

HSC
Software Developer's View of Hardware

How was it? I liked it... except for data streaming LOL!, i wrote some bull crap

djnod

wasn't toooooooooooo bad. except the flip flop i had no idea! fucked that up and i think i stuffed the last one too! everyone was like well that question is gay! wot did u write! summary of it

Lundy

Banned
HSC
All of it was great except the last question, which involved some major bullshitting

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by djnod
wasn't toooooooooooo bad. except the flip flop i had no idea! fucked that up and i think i stuffed the last one too! everyone was like well that question is gay! wot did u write! summary of it
It was easy the flip flop

draw one up explain the three main components of a flip floap and wats it uses, explain wat a flip flop does and voila!

Kamz

i thoughbt i was alright until the last rotten fingerprint question which cost me 6 marks :(

btw does
(a)(iii)1110-0111 = 0111?

Adam

HSC
I got 0111 too, but don't trust me, I switched option topics a month ago, because paradim stuff is shit, I hate programming, never again in my life!!

enak

Limbo
HSC
N/A
Option was easy, but the fingerprint question was unexpected, but I thought it was ok, probly lose half of that question.

JRasnier

i wasnt able to do the minusing of the two binary numbers

i could do it without going to two's complement i couldnt do it by going through one's comp then two's comp....

JRasnier

oh my god, i just done that question doing one's comp and two's comp, and i got the answer, u had to make both numbers into an eight-bit binary representation first. ARGH

FreAkay

SDD view of the Hardware! 6marker...

DA FUCK?... i didnt have a clue what that was about!!! shit question for 6marks ay. I just tried to pull off about 4 marks by crappin on 4 a page!

JRasnier

yeaha but when u do eight representation it becomes 00000111 anywayz, then convert it to four-bit binary representation becoems 0111

-X-

HSC
N/A
Basically my 1 page answer was the header / trailer will be the similar but the data characters would be different. The one sending the stream would have the fingerprint data while the one returning would contain control characters to either open the door, lock it etc....

new1

same here
it took me a while to figure out what to do, but the compare contrast i took to be qualatative so i sadi header trailer would be same and the data sent from fingerprinter to computer wil be way longer than the one that comes back (... 1 page late THE END)

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Originally posted by -X-
Basically my 1 page answer was the header / trailer will be the similar but the data characters would be different. The one sending the stream would have the fingerprint data while the one returning would contain control characters to either open the door, lock it etc....
that's what I wrote, but it didn't seem like it should be worth 6 marks. I felt like I'd left something important out, or you were supposed to give an example of the data stream or something. I don't know, my answer just didn't feel worth 6 marks

JRasnier

also, in the header, i talked about the destination and origin addresses, that being from door to computer, computer will be destination and the door the origin

Winston

HSC
Not given the actually binary equivalent for Black and White i assigned them a made up value and stated that

i then formed an example data packet of what the finger print data packet will be explaining on the header, data and trailer, i then talked about the odd bit parity as well.

Now for the packet actually being sent to the door, what i did was i managed to remember my ASCII for some things and mind you i remembered NAK and ACK, converted them to binary, and explained on these two ASCII codes, and what they do, so i then said if the finger print is wrong a data packet with the NAK binary equivalent will be sent to the door, while if the finger print is correct a ACK Binary equivalent for the data in a data packet will be be sent to the door.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)