Option topics (1 Viewer)

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
Hi :D

Which option topic is the best and which is the easiest to get full marks in?
I want to get into med, if that helps.

Thanks.

Machiavelli1

HSC
Industrial is pretty common, ive heard Chem of art is pretty interesting, shipwrecks is apparently most like Uni chem, not sure abt this, its what ive heard, no idea on other options haha. See what your school does, and if you can actually do something different to them.

bengosha60

Peasant
HSC
Industrial Chem is the most common and the easiest imo. I covered the first 3 dotpoints in one sitting since its mostly equilibrium. Shipwrecks is all redox and that confuses the hell out of me. Im not sure about the other options but i would choose industrial. Sadly im shiprekted :(

Futuremedstudent

Ancient Orator
HSC
N/A
Industrial is pretty common, ive heard Chem of art is pretty interesting, shipwrecks is apparently most like Uni chem, not sure abt this, its what ive heard, no idea on other options haha. See what your school does, and if you can actually do something different to them.
what option topic does ruse do?

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Why is it a bad topic? (Our school does it I think)
You'll see...it's basically a bunch of random chemical tests, vague common sense crap about forensic chemistry (ie don't contaminate your sample because...), a bunch of definitions (how cellulose is different to starch), and fairly vague discussions about some more analytical techniques (mass spectrometry, AES, AAS). At first, you'll think it's interesting because it's "forensic chemistry" but you'll find that forensic chemistry isn't as interesting as it sounds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)