Options available for shit UAI's (1 Viewer)

purplemonkey

HSC
I was reading a thread here and someone suggested that next year, you could home school and re-sit the HSC. Can anyone tell me; how do you register? Are there requirements (eg not living in 50km radius of a school or whatever)? Do you sit the HSC at your old school? If anyone has been homeschooled it would be cool if you could post your opinions...Thanks
P.S. the UAC site is so crowded I stil havent found out my UAI, but it'll probably be in the 60's :'-( so so shithouse

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Basically with self tuition you have no assessments the entire year and your mark is derived solely from the HSC. The HSC is sat at your local TAFE or high school depending on where you are. There are also some subjects you can't do under self tuition as the Board requires a a qualified supervisor (ie for English Extension 2 or Visual Arts) to ensure your Major Work is your own.

There are also a whole lot of other options rather than the above - there is a link in my sig about alternate university entry that might be worth your while if your UAI overly concerns you.

HSC
N/A
jsu go to another scool where noones knows where u are n tell eveyrone u neva done the hsc before. But ther are other optison, u can appeal to some uni's or pay money to lift ur uai up. In macquarie even if u get uai of 40 u can do a course of 85 but u have to pay heaps fo it. ask fo it. my friend did it...

HSC
N/A
Actually, it does... it's called non-award :)

From non-award you can transfer into "award" degrees, which is your "normal" Uni course :) One of my friends is doing it.

MarsBarz

HSC
I was investigating this option as my backup plan. Fortunately I got the UAI which I required. However this would have been my preferred option had I not gotten what I needed. Basically you would need a hell of a lot of motivation and self-discipline to pull it though. Most people would crack and just waste another year. However if you have what it takes you could achieve very highly, having had the experience of the previous year.

HSC
N/A
And I still would.

The thing about Mac is that you never "waste" a year. You can do one year of one degree - provided you have done all the prerequisites required - and jump straight to SECOND YEAR of your new course.

You're basically doing the same thing as everyone else, you just have to pay a lot more. Work hard, and you won't have to pay that much money for very long.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Additionally, just a note to those who were unfortunate and achieved a UAI of about 60 or below, there is an alternative branch called SIBT, in which all you need is to pass the diploma of commerce for example to obtain your preferred bach degree of economics, plus just as Glitterfairy stated, you don't miss out at all, you automatically start in the second year of B of Economics.

Also, other programs are offered by a joint committee between UNSW and USYD called the foundation program, which allows a limited amount of people to undertake their diploma and get their bachelor degree.

Newcastle follows the Foundation program + Stat.

So remember lol there are alot alot alot of back ways into university...but yeah wait until you get the offers, for I've heard that this year's cutoff for some courses may in fact be lower...

kido525

HSC
purplemonkey said:
I was reading a thread here and someone suggested that next year, you could home school and re-sit the HSC. Can anyone tell me; how do you register? Are there requirements (eg not living in 50km radius of a school or whatever)? Do you sit the HSC at your old school? If anyone has been homeschooled it would be cool if you could post your opinions...Thanks
P.S. the UAC site is so crowded I stil havent found out my UAI, but it'll probably be in the 60's :'-( so so shithouse

What UAI did u eventually get i got 68.55 and i have not a clue what to do but maybe civil engineering at uts which requires a uai of 70.0 and i did the multiple criteria questionaire which could help me get the mark i want and just make it in

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)