Options (1 Viewer)

b_d8

Smurfette
HSC
What are the different options/ways of getting uni university if my UAI is too low?

Atotoi

Beetroot Strudel Anyone??
HSC
Hmmm, apparently if your UAI is within like points below the course you want to do @ Maq, they have a scheme where if you pay some money upfront, you're allowed into the course.

Personally.. im thinking the same as you.. i got a rude shock yesterday morning when i saw the numbers 73.15 ...

I might have to do like a BSc @ UoW then transfer to another Uni later on :)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Certificate III or IV (I forgot which one, or if I'm even correct) at TAFE. It's the equivalent of a uai... You should look it up.

LeftrightOut

Needs more cowbell
HSC
N/A
Full fee paying place
Join a different course at same uni and transfer later
Join a course at a different uni and transfer later
Wait until you are mature age
Do a TAFE Diploma in a related field and articulate up
Redo your HSC at school
Redo your HSC at TAFE
Try for extra marks (EAS?)
Have rich parents
Have well connected parents
Know someone on the University board
Be a great negotiator

b_d8

Smurfette
HSC
I've spent the whole of last night and today trying to find more info on all the different options...
The thing that Atotoi mentioned at Mcq Uni sounds alright.. it's called the Non-
Award Program... but even after you complete the 12 credit points wirth of subjects and get the 2.0 grade average (or whatever it's called) there is still no guarantee that you will get into a course

The second thing i'm interested in is completing a TAFE course and then transfering to uni... but I can't find much info on that... like what's the criterea for applying? Do the unis recognise the TAFE courses as being worth much?

The third thing i'm interested in is transfering between unis.... Obviously transfering from one degree to another in the same uni is much much easier... What's the prodecure for transfering between Unis?

Hopefully i may still be able to get into a low UAI course, and then transfer later... but just in case *crossing fingers*

and i also hope this helps other people too

Gemstone

Yeah I'm in a similar predicement at my local uni with my extra points I still would miss out by 1 mark to get into the course I want based on last years cut offs. It's the only thing I have a chance at that doesn't invovle me commuting heaps far.

Look at open learning - you can do a BA there and a fair few other degrees too and then after a year you can transfer over to uni. So thats alright.

Non-award programs are also really good too I think you can get them on fee-help so it's not too bad. I'm looking at that. Can someone tell me if you can't get fee-help with it.

Other than that TAFE or private colleges are always an option. It real depends on what you want to do.

~ Gems

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)