optometry?? commerce?? law?? (1 Viewer)

jpcg

HSC
hi im just in yr 11 and im not sure what i want to have as a career..
i think i want optometry but i heard the job prospects aren't that good..iv'e been juggling between optometry, commerce and law and im not sure which one

please give me some tips or advice to help me make a decision quicker! the subjects ive chosen atm are physics, chemistry, maths 3U, english 3U, economics

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
well since you are seemingly a science person, you might consider opomtery. it is a small area, but also with limited optometry students. therefore the job prospects are excellent! You will find a job :D

mr phil

HSC
well im a first year optom student.. and i'll tell u it blows chunks. theres no social life and they flog u hard. supposedly it should all pay off in the end tho mate (yeh so did the f*n hsc)..

in a nutshell:
if u wanna have fun and party hard do commerce
wanna sacrifice ur social life @ uni - optom
as for law i wouldn't know.. but they probably work u pretty hard too

FinalFantasy

HSC
mr phil said:
well im a first year optom student.. and i'll tell u it blows chunks. theres no social life and they flog u hard. supposedly it should all pay off in the end tho mate (yeh so did the f*n hsc)..

in a nutshell:
if u wanna have fun and party hard do commerce
wanna sacrifice ur social life @ uni - optom
as for law i wouldn't know.. but they probably work u pretty hard too
hey phil, what sort of subjects do u do the most in optometry?
is it physics?

wanton-wonton

HSC
jpcg said:
hi im just in yr 11 and im not sure what i want to have as a career..
i think i want optometry but i heard the job prospects aren't that good..iv'e been juggling between optometry, commerce and law and im not sure which one

please give me some tips or advice to help me make a decision quicker! the subjects ive chosen atm are physics, chemistry, maths 3U, english 3U, economics
1. Optom job prospect is SMALL/SPECIFIC but EXCELLENT.
2. Commerce job prospect is BROAD (in the sense that it provides many opportunities working at many different fields) and GOOD.

I'm not sure if you know what I mean..

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)