• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

order (2 Viewers)

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
oh k. :D thanks, me and my friends were confused about iterative methods of problem solving. lol - the maths department using long and complicated terms. ;)

and J0n? :mad: :mad: :mad: stuff you too. :p ;)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Grey Council
oh k. :D thanks, me and my friends were confused about iterative methods of problem solving. lol - the maths department using long and complicated terms. ;)...
yeah, they do that a lot! :D

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
no, in our school the english department use easy words because they think we are just stoopid. meh. The maths department, on the other hand, think we are pretty damn smart, so they use uber-long words which we don't get, and the maths teacher don't either. I asked my old maths teacher what iterative methods was, he said we'd done it, and not to worry... when I only did simpsons/trapezoidal last week.

lol

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Grey Council
no, in our school the english department use easy words because they think we are just stoopid. meh. The maths department, on the other hand, think we are pretty damn smart, so they use uber-long words which we don't get, and the maths teacher don't either. I asked my old maths teacher what iterative methods was, he said we'd done it, and not to worry... when I only did simpsons/trapezoidal last week.

lol
yeah, since in maths u don't use that much english- u gotta use the hardest words when u get a chance (to use english). :D

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
yeah, since in maths u don't use that much english- u gotta use the hardest words when u get a chance (to use english). :D
Like Riemann, and Goldbach. Those are some seriously big words.

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
yeah, don't get me started on buchanan and "riemenn". :D
Why not, his hypothesis could solve most of mathematics' fundamental problem. Also the ternary goldbach conjecture would be proven IF the general reinmann hypothesis is correct.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by KeypadSDM
Why not, his hypothesis could solve most of mathematics' fundamental problem. Also the ternary goldbach conjecture would be proven IF the general reinmann hypothesis is correct.
now u starting to use the hard words- LoL

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
now u starting to use the hard words- LoL
It would seem so, but more importantly, if the Reimann hypothesis is actually correct (which is probably is) it proves Robin's theorem is correct as well.

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
ronny who? ronny? hrm, someone else asked me that as well, and i haven't an idea who the hell ronny is. if he is in year 11, i don't know. If he is in year 12, i haven't met him yet. hehe

renton

HSC
spkin of order, does everyone do the questions in order in their papers? I'm stronger with the mechanics stuff which is usually towards the end and im withered and tired by that stage so im thinkin bout doin em first. anyone got ne experience with that?

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
I did my trial back to front. Was actually simpler than in order, but that's just me.

Affinity

HSC
Doing things in order is usually the way to go, there are good reasons for that

1) Difficulty generally increases with question number.
2) Less attention devoted to keeping track of parts not completed.

darkliight

I ponder, weak and weary
HSC
N/A
Hmm, this isn't really advice, just the way I tend to go about exams.

During reading time, I tend to pick out all the questions I know I can do. When the exam starts I do those first, from back to front, while I'm still thinking straight, and less likely to make easy mistakes. Once I'm happy with them, I start spending time on the ones I'm not so sure about.

The ones I'm not sure about tend to tax my head, and I'd rather make easy mistakes on stuff I might get right, instead of making them on stuff I should get right.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)