organisational learning (1 Viewer)

nessyfreak

HSC
Anyone out there doing organisational learning at UTS? If so could you tell me about it? Is it what you expected??

Ninew

HSC
Howdy!

I am currently doing Bachelor of Arts in Organizational Learning at UTS! Although the name is very long it is actually Human Resources Development- mainly all about training and consultancy, e-learning, change management. It falls under the 'human resources umbrella'. Human resources hire the people and are responsible for things like wages. HRD is involved with training the employees and designing programs and initiatives to help train and develop the employees.

Its quite an interesting course. You get heaps of assessments but they aren't that difficult so thats a positive, and in first semester you only have one major exam! This year the entire course has about 51 people and mainly girls. You learn things like how adults learn and the different theories behind learning, language and communication and how these can be used in the workforce, and of course you learn about HRD and the current trends and changes. Although it is a education faculty course, you do do a subject from the business faculty called MPO which is an interesting subject.

Overall, i liked the course much more than i expected, mainly because i didnt know what the course was about. But now that i do know, im starting to like it, and everything we learnt over the semester is starting to fall into place.

Btw, are you planning to do Organizational learning?

Well toodles for now!

crazy_blonde

HSC
I didnt know what to expect from the BAOL (as it is known by us students), so I spose I wasnt disappointed - except for the fact there is a distinct lack of males! Oh well, I spose thats a good thing - less distractions...

I cant wait until I start my International Studies part of my double degree next year... OMG Germany in 2009-I can't wait!! So exciting!! :)

crazy_blonde

HSC
Yup, well i could...lol

I did German from Yr 7 to Yr 12 at high school, but haven't spoken it since my HSC speaking exam in August last year...so memory of words etc isn't that crash hot...

I have heard that you can do International Studies without having any experience with the language, but you'd have to check that...I think you just do a more intensive class in Sydney, and then you may have to do a langauge course overseas before you start at the uni...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)