Orientation stuff? (1 Viewer)

mizukiyanagi

HSC
So yeah next week's orientation 8D Im so excited! And nervous >_>
But Im just wondering what we're supposed to bring at the Orientation? Do we bring stuff to write notes down, folders, etc. or are they unnecessary?

h3da

HSC
But Im just wondering what we're supposed to bring at the Orientation? Do we bring stuff to write notes down, folders, etc. or are they unnecessary?
you don't need to bring anything for orientation.. it's a waste of time anyway... they just show you around etc..

tricks08

"educated".
HSC

ohh. mizukiyanagi your doing bach. of design too. doubt we really need to bring anything .. just going with a notebook and a pen. im more worried about knowing how to get to the campus. -_- *sigh*

Kai7918

HSC
N/A
ohh. mizukiyanagi your doing bach. of design too. doubt we really need to bring anything .. just going with a notebook and a pen. im more worried about knowing how to get to the campus. -_- *sigh*

which campus r u supposed 2 b going!?

tricks08

"educated".
HSC
which campus r u supposed 2 b going!?
werrington south .. ive been to kingswood campus , but im kinda lost on how to get to werrington south one .. apperently theres buses.

heres to hoping im not the only noob that doesnt know where to go next week ..

ample

HSC
I have a question regarding orientation week

is it neccessary to attend orientation day? unfortunately im going to be out of sydney for a couple of days so i cant attend the orientation day for my course. Would i be at any loss by not attending it?

VU-Nit

HSC

is it neccessary to attend orientation day? unfortunately im going to be out of sydney for a couple of days so i cant attend the orientation day for my course. Would i be at any loss by not attending it?
youll hardly have a loss.. if anything orientation is rather pointless. they only show you round the uni, which can also be done with a map. the rest is how to meet friends and study etc lol

HSC

They often have free food and/or activities to help people get to know each other.

They'll give you a little run down of what to expect during your course, tell you who to talk to if you need help with things etc.

You can get away with not going, but it can help, especially if you get free food.

mizukiyanagi

HSC

awesome! We'll be classmates hahaha!! XD

if you want to know how to get to the campus use this:

131500 Transport Infoline - Home

Its really helpful 8D
Also when I went and got my ID at Penrith, the student centre person said don't walk from kingswood station to your campus. Apparently there were a few times when people got mugged there :p So use the bus lol.

Im using liverpool station and a bus from there, it goes directly to Werrington Campus lol XD

yeah I got the letter saying that they have library tours and stuff, so I might do that as well :)

Anyway see you guys there!!! So excited XD

EDIT: lol go here
http://www.uws.edu.au/campuses_structure/cas/campuses/penrith
scroll down and there's a link for the shuttle buses.
It arrives every 30 mins. :) Its free lol.

Last edited:

tricks08

"educated".
HSC
Also when I went and got my ID at Penrith, the student centre person said don't walk from kingswood station to your campus. Apparently there were a few times when people got mugged there :p So use the bus lol.
lol thanks for the info. checked my mailbox as soon as i read your post and yeah got the letter aswell. I'll probably stick around for the library tours too.

im quiet excited aswell. more paranoid about tut rego & getting lost next wednesday .. we'll probably get over it once assessments comes along. woo uni -_-!

mizukiyanagi

HSC
Hey guys next week do we start taking our school stuff in? Cause I dunno. Apparently its still O-week?

I thought we actually do start school next week so Im a little confused :\

Knowingnothing

Legendary!
HSC
Uni does officially start next week so you do need all your stuff. You basically do go head in immediately so you will be learning so best to bring something.

First week of Uni is always O-week. Pretty much a welcome to new Uni students and a welcome back to all others (not to mention free condoms).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)