Orientation Week 2006 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Re: 0rientation Week

hiphophooray123 said:
yeh i was there, i was the indian guy standing on the side of the dancefloor laughing at all the drug fucked non-rhythm having people on the dancefloor.

was a good night pang and valentinos fucking sucked....van she was great, gerling were pretty good too but the lead singer was fuked lol.

good place for a gig, will be there next sat maybe to see weapon x and ken hall even though i dont really like them much.
next thursday should be a great gig.

yesterday i interviewed superstar DJ Paul Farris on 90.9 fm, then he played a live set on manning balcony.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
Re: O-week

untying_average said:
I don't remember them saying anything about (straight) men turning us all into slaves at the Q-tea. In fact, the whole thing seemed to be about letting people know that they are in an environment where they can be open about their sexuality, and that there are other people like them.

Keep in mind that not everyone is from eastern sydney - lot of us are from places where two gay guys walking down the street holding hands would simply not be tolerated. I find it hard to understand why you continue to affirm that gay people are not disadvantaged, can you elaborate on that?

edit: Oh btw, we pay just as much as you in student fees. We could easily complain about our money being spend on stuff like childcare and reproductive information.
My statements applied primarily towards the Women's Collectives, as opposed to the Queer Collectives. The ISA does, however, have a Gay policy - and it has come into place thanks to the work of our gay members. ISA believes that that, based on experience by those responsible for the policy, that the "Queer Office" and "Queer Collectives" serve to ostracise, rather than integrate gay people from the rest of society. Hell, even the very use of the term "Queer" is offensive to many gay people (or so I am told by those more knowledgable in the area than myself).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)