Orientation (1 Viewer)

Undersiege

HSC
Was anyone here on the science orientation ? or natural science orientation ? How odd was that one mentor. You all know who I'm talking about...

"NO"

"No"

"No , that not correct!"

Like she abused the crap out of the poor lady. Massive ROFL!

thommy

HSC
N/A
All good, but yeah, if you want we can try and get you in touch with some media students during the first week :) Or Kim can get you in touch with some :D!

I'll see how I go first. Maybe, I'll see in a couple of days. Thanks for the offer.

xJaix

HSC
I quite enjoyed orientation day, some information was a repeat of what I already knew but hey, at least now I know it'll stick and that I haven't missed anything that I should know. ;)

The only down side is that I can't remember everyones name since I met so many people. lol.

Cheers to everyone who contributed to make it all happen. :)

X

xeuyrawp

By the way, if anyone missed Orientation and needs info, wants another mentor, or just wants to chat, etc etc, there will be a Mentors @ MQ stall in the courtyard (amidst all the other O-Week stuff) until Thursday.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
O-week looks pretty cool this year (they have it in the courtyard this time, which I think is better).
Naturally got my yearly subscription the The Australian for 20$...

jiey2k

JEAHHH BOIIIII
HSC
me and my friend got a bucnh of people and joined the vietnamese club of which none of us are vietnamese, yay

xsavagex

HSC
I didn't join anything today :( couldn't find anything i was interested in but i didnt look everywhere.

HSC
I didn't join anything today :( couldn't find anything i was interested in but i didnt look everywhere.
Make sure you do look around! I missed out on a snow club (probably can see I'm obsessed by my nickname) last year because I didn't have a good look. The WANG Club is worth it too. :D

ALLLICE

HSC
Also, everyone should join Mac Pyros. Come learn fire twirling every Wednesday night at 6pm at Waterloo Park!! Fire twirling looks cool and it's not as dangerous as you might think. It's free to join; there's a gold coin donation during meetings for kerosene though. Feel free to send me a PM if you missed out on joining during O Week or if you have any questions.

Guaranteed to impress your friends and worry your parents.

:)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Also, everyone should join Mac Pyros. Come learn fire twirling every Wednesday night at 6pm at Waterloo Park!! Fire twirling looks cool and it's not as dangerous as you might think. It's free to join; there's a gold coin donation during meetings for kerosene though. Feel free to send me a PM if you missed out on joining during O Week or if you have any questions.

Guaranteed to impress your friends and worry your parents.

:)
Oh so that WAS you at the stall, haha I thought I spotted you a few times but wasn't sure so didn't want to be all like "HEY ARE YOU FROM TEH INTARWEBS!".

Alas I'm far too clumsy to join anything that involves fire, don't want a bushfire happening in the middle of Sydney now do we!

Also, WANG club for free grub is nice but yeah I'm kinda disappointed there aren't more free things this year. Though the number of clubs actually up and running is good! After the almost non-existense a few years back during the SAM > U@MQ thing.

Last edited:

ALLLICE

HSC
Oh so that WAS you at the stall, haha I thought I spotted you a few times but wasn't sure so didn't want to be all like "HEY ARE YOU FROM TEH INTARWEBS!".

Alas I'm far too clumsy to join anything that involves fire, don't want a bushfire happening in the middle of Sydney now do we!

Also, WANG club for free grub is nice but yeah I'm kinda disappointed there aren't more free things this year. Though the number of clubs actually up and running is good! After the almost non-existense a few years back during the SAM > U@MQ thing.
Indeed it was most likely me you saw. It started off with me shouting fire related things at passers by but I've become increasingly tired... I attempted having a nap at the stall yesterday afternoon but I was caught out >.< . Curses!

Last night we had a pretty good turn out at Waterloo Park, so that's encouraging. Also, I need to join WANG today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)