ottawa charter (1 Viewer)

blessing

HSC
hie guys, i have an assignment on nutrition in relation to the ottawa charter and the five action areas,we have done it in class but its kinda brief so i ma trying to find more info but i am having troubles. can anyone please guide me.
thanks in advance

h cuttiford

HSC
This is a 10 mark question from my Preliminary Final Examination.
Discuss how the areas of the Ottawa Charter may be implemented to improve the patterns of eating in Australia.

The areas of the Ottawa Charter can be used to improve's peoples health because it tackles the many factors which influence our healthy, including our eating patterns.
The healthy public policy which is currently implemented in NSW public schools is the healthy canteen policy. This provides children with a chance to access healthy foods if they are not available at home.
The development of personal skills, such as not being easily influenced by advertising can be assisted through education in schools and credible websites. This can teach people how to develop and maintain healthy eating habits.
A supportive environment can be created by encouraging parents to supply children with healthy foods in order to improve patterns of eating. Also, peers can influence the choices we make in our eating patterns so peers can implement this action area by being supportive of healthy nutrition choices.
Reorienting health services by having new services, such as nutritionists and products such as Vitamin supplements available to people they are more easily able to access the education, support and resources needed to improves patterns of eating.
Strengthening community action may come through programs such as healthy breakfast clubs, offering out free food such as bread and canned food, which people of low socioeconomic status could not otherwise afford. Thus the Ottawa Charter can be effectively implemented to improve the patterns of eating in Australia.

Last edited:

Dream-Theater

HSC
Yeah, dead cats do smell pretty bad, it's not something easily forgotten.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)