Our Transport System (1 Viewer)

HSC
I'm a big fan of the public transport system. I travel quite a bit, by either bus or train, in order to get to and from Uni each week. Things go wrong more often than I'd like, and at times it is very easy to let these bother me. It's evident that improvements are needed, but for the most part it works out well enough in the end.

Given that I rely on this system in order to get to and from Uni, and between Uni and home (As I need to travel to attend), I'm very grateful for the service which it affords. Despite the delays and what not, which are often lengthy, I tend to believe that this is still preferable to walking. I have no transport of my own, and would be rather stuffed without public transport.

What really bothers me more than the delays, is people being assholes and hassling staff about them (Staff who generally have no direct relation to the problem anyway). I'm happy to sit and chill out for an extra hour or two while a train crawls in, but the entire experience is ruined by people being abusive towards those who are only trying to help.

(Note: I'm not attacking people voicing their complaints on here, I'm referring to those who act like it's the end of the world when a train is delayed for two hours or whatever, like they have lives to save at the other end of their trip or something).

Instead of constantly complaining about the problem, why can't people acknowledge that it's useful? (In my case vital). Failing that, walk, or ride your bike. It's not the best system, but it's better than nothing.

a little lost

relationships pfft
reynaldo said:
this train is delayed due to vandalism..

(that was a new one from wednesday)
i got that one too. except mine was a week after urs also on a wednesday. driver walks to the other side of the train because its going backwards now. and then walks out. its vandalised i'm not driving that thing when i can't see. -_-

it was meant to be an express train too.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Yesterday was a really bad day ... my richmond train was delayed by 45 mins, usually its delayed by a couple of minutes, which i don't mind ... but 45 mins is far too long!

malkin86

HSC
nerd2die4 said:
is it the schedule thats not up to scratch? because i was watching the nes the other day and they said something like 40 0dd drivers had called in sick that day. surely if they all showed up, the trains will run closer to schedule. The system cant run efficiently with so many people calling in sick.

how do you reckon they can improve it?
I was talking to our train station person - he hates it as much as we do. He reckons the reason why so many drivers call in sick, besides actually getting colds etc. is because of all the suicides on the tracks...

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Cape said:
Yesterday was a really bad day ... my richmond train was delayed by 45 mins, usually its delayed by a couple of minutes, which i don't mind ... but 45 mins is far too long!

are you sherious? yesterday was the first day i didn't catch the train in like 10 weeks (i also catch Richmond)

worst ive had was 29 minutes

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I've been catching the train to the city every day for the past 9 years and it's only getting worse. In the morning my train would probably be late 3 out of 5 days a week and the afternoon probably about the same. There have also been times when the trains have been up to 3 hours late. It's never going to get any better.

daiana

Mmmeo0owwWw
HSC
the japanese would go absolutely nuts if "only 5 mins late" is considered ontime. it's my excuse for being late to friends outings these days if i'm catching the train. Bob Carr should make a quick trip to japan and be enlightened... this train system is quite disgusting. today at central, the announcer said very proudly "Our boards are NOT running to schedule. Please listen to the announcements. We appreciate you for your understanding and patience." Not even a sorry!

Generator

HSC
N/A
Surely you have realised that Sydney is not a Japanese city? Criticise the network all that you want, but there is little point in comparing apples and oranges.

Pianpupodoel

Neurotic Member
HSC
Michael Costa is an idiot.

He first stuffs up the Crime portfolio, then when he sees he has done his damage, goes onto the Transport portfolio and is f*king up our TRAINS.

Don't blame Carr for CityRail, blame him for appointing Costa.

lengstar

HSC
I couldn't go to work cause the trains were fucked.

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
Lol cityrail is stupid the trains are always late if not cancelled and the number of city via granville trains is unproportional to other trains...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)