Our Trial - set out wrong?? (1 Viewer)

TastesGoodBut

OK - our entire school does Crime Fiction in extension

now, based on looking at past trials and HSC, we were meant to have ONE creative writing and ONE essay response style thing

well our teacher gave us TWO essay responses...
now i mean.. im fine with that, but im pretty sure there was meant to be a creative writing response in there...

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Was it two essays, or an essay and a piece written in a different "text type"?

Huy

HSC
N/A
McLake, what you are describing was the CSSA 2003 Trial.
Completely unexpected! :)

Tastesgood: I don't think they will ask you for two essays one after the other, but they will be 'similar'.

For example,
CSSA Trial 2003

Section I - Analytical
Essay

Section II - "Creative"
Transcript

They were both 'similar' in that they required use of prescribed texts and as well as supplementary texts (of your own choosing).

You basically wrote about 4 texts, twice over, in differing text types (as McLake has pointed out).

See this thread for more:

http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9236

:)

Last edited:

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
As Huy pointed out, the actual HSC exam won't require you to respond more than once in an essay format, but schools can do whatever they want with their trial papers.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
both question was asking pretty much the same thing so instead of writing the the same essay twice, i wrote a speech for the first question, but both question was asking the same thing so instead

well the question was:

1. you are at a literature conference 2 defend crime fiction as a reputable genre, write your argument

2. "some quote bout human conflict and interaction is at the heart of crime fiction and the crime itself being secondary"
discuss teh above

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah that was sort of like the cssa... grrr.. actually maybe it was good coz i dont like creative writing

Netty

in the 2001 HSC everyone was expecting an essay and a creative writing piece, but they got two essays!.........so u neva know what to expect eh?

sar567

yeah our teacher told us about the 2001 hsc , she said ppl had a whinge about it so they changed it the next yr, but that in the syllabus technically they can ask u to write basically 2 essay. Which i think is mean, cause i can barely write one essay let alone two.

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Hmmm... which module in the 2001 exam required two essays? I can't find it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)