over 1000 level course limit (1 Viewer)

HSC
Ok so I'm doing combined law and communications and it says that I can do a maximum of 60 units in the 1000 level courses of communications.
The problem is that at the end of this semester I will have done 60 of these units, and next semester I have to go back and do a intro to journalism 1000 course (as I changed majors)
So I'm going to have 70 units in the 1000 level of communications.
This is partially because I took an elective I didn't need to under the misapprehension that I did.
What do they do if you go over the maximum of 1000 level courses?

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
I am pretty sure they just won't count one of them once you complete your degree (maybe the irrelevant one?). Just ask Student Services, they will know:).

HSC
okay so if i withdraw from the one im doing now, which is film studies, i wont be charged hecs for it
but if i dont it won't go towards my degree but it will go towards my gpa and it will be on my degree for employers to see. I don't know what to do because a film studies course could look good when I'm trying to get into journalism in terms of writing reviews etc.
Hmmm
dont know what to do

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Find out who the programme convenor is for your course, and ask them. They're (supposedly) the ones in the know about this kinda stuff.

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
my convenor changed this year.... the one from last year said that I could do the KLA electives I had chosen....

the new one says no

dammit

HSC
nah i wont the whole reason im dropping is cos ive already done all the 1000 level subjects i need and didnt realise due to changed major, my old subjects counted as electives so now i dont have to do my elective so im dropping it :)
so its all optimism

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)