over 90? (1 Viewer)

epicFAILx

HSC
Is it possible to get over 90 atar.......Umm, actually let me rephrase..

HOW do you get over 90 atar
+ any tips?

[ and if I haven't thankyou'd for your advice know that i am thankful :) ]

Last edited:

ej114

HSC
Absolutely demolish standard and drama. Score at least 85-90+ in other subjects and you should be on your way

Mr L

HSC
N/A
Study with the syllabus beside you for subjects such as Studies of Religion. It's absolutely vital that you have a wide range of quotes in SOR, as it can be the difference between a mid-band 5 and a mid-band 6. If you happen to be studying Christian baptism, Jewish marriage or bio-ethics for either religion feel free to PM me and I'll give you some very good quotes for each of those topics.

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
Cram.
Serious: Study from the syllabus for Phys and Bio. Don't know anything about Drama/SoR, so I can't comment on them. For Maths, do past papers.

delian

HSC
N/A
Learn the theory in advance, then revise regularly. (or cram if need be)
Do practice papers, and other resources you can get.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Don't leave things until the last minute. Give yourself time to do everything at a calm pace rather than procrastinating.

jnney

lemon
HSC
there's a matrix scaling seminar at chatswood next week, book yourself in for that. you may find it useful.

2011_

HSC
If I could offer some advice:

- Get to know your syllabus' (the syllabus is your friend!). After all, you can be examined on anything that it contains.
- Do HSC past papers (and trials or half yearly exams from other schools or previous years at your school if you can get your hands on them) and mark them, or have a tutor or Teacher mark them for you
- Work on your essays: make sure you have a good structure, plenty of examples and (for English) you know your techniques AND the effect they create (eg. the use of rhyme in "line" creates humour .... etc)
- Talk to your Teachers. Ask questions! If they see you are interested, they will be more willing to help. For example, they might proofread essays for you, or provide an extra tip or two, or give you some past trial papers they have :)

Lastly, good luck! :)

epicFAILx

HSC
If I could offer some advice:

- Get to know your syllabus' (the syllabus is your friend!). After all, you can be examined on anything that it contains.
- Do HSC past papers (and trials or half yearly exams from other schools or previous years at your school if you can get your hands on them) and mark them, or have a tutor or Teacher mark them for you
- Work on your essays: make sure you have a good structure, plenty of examples and (for English) you know your techniques AND the effect they create (eg. the use of rhyme in "line" creates humour .... etc)
- Talk to your Teachers. Ask questions! If they see you are interested, they will be more willing to help. For example, they might proofread essays for you, or provide an extra tip or two, or give you some past trial papers they have :)

Lastly, good luck! :)
Thankyou. I will surely take that advice into account! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)