over the cut off but not even single offer? (1 Viewer)

wonsta

HSC
im an international student i received atar but it was far lower than i needed

for usyd, unsw so then i put uts as my first pref and made required cut off

points but no offer in every single rounds so then i asked around some of my

friends and it seems like all other international student already got their offer

and some told me that application for international has finished.

my atar with bonus points is 76.55 and cut off for uts science is 76.00

please guys i am dying to know if its true or not. any hope? coz if no i am

forced to be farmer as my mom said.

arcaox

HSC
the atar cutoff is based on last year it might have went up but you still have a chance in final round offers and you might have needed to provide some sort of documentation of your level of english as ive heard some courses require some sort of legal documents saying that your english is up to that level

Epic

HSC
UAC said:
Have I received an offer?

Institutions will make their unconditional offers for Semester 1 progressively in a number of offer runs between December 2009 through to February 2010. The next offer run is at 9am on Saturday 16 January.
http://www.uac.edu.au/international/

Hang in there, there's still plenty of chance to get an offer. Good luck.

Just out of curiosity which country are you coming from?

Last edited:

arcaox

HSC
wonsta id advise you call them up if you can i know how worried i would be in your situation so you should give them a call and check up with them

William kamel

HSC
im an international student i received atar but it was far lower than i needed

for usyd, unsw so then i put uts as my first pref and made required cut off

points but no offer in every single rounds so then i asked around some of my

friends and it seems like all other international student already got their offer

and some told me that application for international has finished.

my atar with bonus points is 76.55 and cut off for uts science is 76.00

please guys i am dying to know if its true or not. any hope? coz if no i am

forced to be farmer as my mom said.
Dude no need to be scarred, u can always become a garbbo, they earn heeps and they don't need a uni degree.:headbang:

Lou283

HSC
Are you sure you qualify for the bonus points? I'm not an international student but qualifications are overseas and when they coverted mine into an ATAR that was it - I am not entitled to any bonus points.

laila2010

HSC
from sth korea geez i changed my pref on 7th jan... will i be ok?

The cut off was the 6th of January Australian time. Therefore if you live in Korea you have probably switched far too late for the main round. You also would not have recieved offers in the earlier rounds if you had USYD and UNSW at the time and did not switch until Jan 7 because you must have changed your preferences at an earlier date for these.

As someone above also said the ATAR may have changed. They go up and down each year and we will not know what is required until they are released.

Most international students are given offers in the earlier rounds opposed to the main round. I hope that you are given an offer in the main round and would like to wish you the best of luck. :haha:

If you do not recieve an offer however don't think it's all over for you, You could apply mid year.

Last edited:

wonsta

HSC
thanks guys i will just ask uac

but can application be missing somehow? so uni can not locate your file etc...

on uac website it says next offer runs 29th jan if i dont received offer im screwed dont wanna live anymore

William kamel

HSC

on uac website it says next offer runs 29th jan if i dont received offer im screwed dont wanna live anymore
dw dude, I'm sure UAC can fix the problem, once u call them up

laila2010

HSC

This is very unlikely.
Unfortunately your ATAR is JUST over last year's cut off. So even if it didn't change this year there is not guarantee for you because you ar an int. student and there are bigger thing's expected of international's.

Best of luck and try not to worry to much there are still a few rounds left!!! Also there is still mid year!!
:fish:

wonsta

HSC
This is very unlikely.
Unfortunately your ATAR is JUST over last year's cut off. So even if it didn't change this year there is not guarantee for you because you ar an int. student and there are bigger thing's expected of international's.

Best of luck and try not to worry to much there are still a few rounds left!!! Also there is still mid year!!
:fish:
nah nah only two rounds left for international students. apparently offer for international students are separately sent so we have different offer dates. it says offer runs progressively from dec to early feb

cut off for this year has went down i checked on uts website so as unsw..

i will just ring them up and ask what happened coz its killing me anyway i gave up 99%

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)