• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Overclocking (1 Viewer)

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Overheating?
Probably blew a few capacitors.
Well yeah, that's the next logical conclusion when it is still having problems. You thinks someone that knows how to overclock would know this shit.

chriscasha

HSC
Oi brah how'd this go? why not up the voltage on your cpu? what are you running it at?

I have an Intel i5 2500k overclocked at 4.5Ghz 24/7 stable with a Coolermaster hyper 212+ EVO :)

Need any help let me know, I am a wizz with this stuff.

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
What are you doing that needs that much cpu power

chriscasha

HSC
What are you doing that needs that much cpu power
Who me? Game design and gaming, every little Mhz I can squeeze out will help me :) not in rendering but just making the app smoother.

Above 4.5Ghz I don't see the point in increasing the voltage and in term increasing temps to get another .2Ghz it's not warranted. My temps jump from 60C CPU @ 1.345v @4.5Ghz to 74C for only .2Ghz more.

Unless I really needed it, I would do it but its not going to do to much of an upgrade.

I can't wait till Ivy Bridge-E or Haswell, I'll finally be able to get a consumer grade 6 core for under $500 :) the more cores the better for rendering, gaming it's not really going to matter as I have a GTX 670.

eclifox

GGNoRe
HSC
You should slowly go up in speed so 4.1GHz then 4.2GHz and leave it for a hour or so to check stability or if you have AMD(not sure if works on other CPUs) you can use auto clock with "Amd Overdrive" Let it run and it'll find a good stable Clock. I belive Overclock is worth everybit, Why pay more if you have more if you can overclock? Last time I tried, it boosted my game from 10-20fps to 30-50 pretty steady

BTW if it's Restarting it's probably the computer stopping your computer from overheating and damaging itself

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)