overloading and GPA (1 Viewer)

Dumbledore

HSC
hi, i was wondering how GPA is calculated if u do more than the required units per semester.

I am doing a science degree and have the standard amount of units required all in my science units.

However, i am also taking a language as EXTRA units on top of my science units, I just want to take this language for fun, i believe that since i'm more of a science person, if this arts unit is counted to my GPA, it will be dragged down.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Of course it will be counted, i'm pretty sure it would just be considered an elective. Languages are hard at uni but if you apply yourself consistently you should be fine.

Last edited:

Dumbledore

HSC
hmm, sure there isn't anyway to like do my standard B science and just maybe pay to do an extra subject outside of the science degree or something of that sort?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
I don't think so, even if you could why would you want to do that =/
Just put in the work and if you find yourself really struggling early on just drop it before the census date.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
The only way you could get away with it not counting would be to do it at another uni. E.g. a certificate of languages at MQ but I think its too late to apply for that now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)