overprotective asian parents!! help!!! (1 Viewer)

shyboy

HSC
Hey guys, im new to this website as my friend told me about this site and how i could get some help from you guys :D
Okay so this is the story i have asian parents who are really protective. My mum doesnt like me hanging out with my friends or going to parties unless they are my friends i.e. if someone from school is having a party and i know them but im not good friends with them i cant go. my mum hardly ever lets me go to my mates houses unless its for school.... she doesnt like me goin to the cinemas or to the shopping centre with friends. and the list goes on... She thinks my main priority is education. I regard school as a very important part of my life and i am getting very good grades at school, id say im one of the top students of the year lvl. But i still cant find a way for them to overcome this and give me some freedom. Also i am the oldest child of three...
So the situation atm is that ive had a crush on a girl who ive become good friends with, this crush has been going on for around a year now... I think that i reallly like her now. The upside is taht she likes me as well, unless i am completely misinterpretating the way she acts and talks to me. I sort of want to ask her out to the movies or something but at the same time im too chicken and im wanting her to make the first move :S ALSO another major factor is my parents... i really do not know what my mums reaction would be if i told her that i have a girlfriend especially since the girl i like is an aussie and my ethnicity is ofcourse of asian background. A lot of my friends are telling me to make a move and so on but im really stuck and do not have an idea of what to do....
We are both in yr 11 as well if that helps :)
Thanks, please give me some help :)

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
Hey guys, im new to this website as my friend told me about this site and how i could get some help from you guys :D
Okay so this is the story i have asian parents who are really protective. My mum doesnt like me hanging out with my friends or going to parties unless they are my friends i.e. if someone from school is having a party and i know them but im not good friends with them i cant go. my mum hardly ever lets me go to my mates houses unless its for school.... she doesnt like me goin to the cinemas or to the shopping centre with friends. and the list goes on... She thinks my main priority is education. I regard school as a very important part of my life and i am getting very good grades at school, id say im one of the top students of the year lvl. But i still cant find a way for them to overcome this and give me some freedom. Also i am the oldest child of three...
So the situation atm is that ive had a crush on a girl who ive become good friends with, this crush has been going on for around a year now... I think that i reallly like her now. The upside is taht she likes me as well, unless i am completely misinterpretating the way she acts and talks to me. I sort of want to ask her out to the movies or something but at the same time im too chicken and im wanting her to make the first move :S ALSO another major factor is my parents... i really do not know what my mums reaction would be if i told her that i have a girlfriend especially since the girl i like is an aussie and my ethnicity is ofcourse of asian background. A lot of my friends are telling me to make a move and so on but im really stuck and do not have an idea of what to do....
We are both in yr 11 as well if that helps :)
Thanks, please give me some help :)
Your friend told you that you could get HELP from US? LOL.
Your asian parents are really protective as in use heaps of condoms?
Your mum doesnt like you hanging out with your friends or unless they are your friends?
Seriously, you must rebel or else your parents will take control of you forever!
I know cos im asian and it worked for me.

Also your friend was totally screwing with you for sure. HELP from US? LOL.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Your friend told you that you could get HELP from US? LOL.
Your asian parents are really protective as in use heaps of condoms?
Your mum doesnt like you hanging out with your friends or unless they are your friends?
Seriously, you must rebel or else your parents will take control of you forever!
I know cos im asian and it worked for me.

Also your friend was totally screwing with you for sure. HELP from US? LOL.
rofl yeah the lines 'my friend told me i could get help from u guys' made me lol irl

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
You won't know if she truly likes you until she sucks your dick.

Luxxey

candied queen
HSC
Who says you have to tell your parents?

Man up, ask her out, see if you guys have the same frees and go out then.

Or if that's entirely not an option, best way is to break it to your parents and tell them some crap like, "I won't see her during exams or important assessments so I can concentrate on study like a good son".

shyboy

HSC
wow you guys really arent much help :p
if i rebel against my parents ill be living on the streets within minutes... Well they are mainly only traditional cos of my grandad, as he is the one who got the family to australia and all that shit... so he is like a welll repsected person with the family and relatives.
most of my mates have already told me to tell my parents to ef off and all that, but i cant see myself doing that... maybe because they have brought me up like that to respect elders etc.
well my mum also said that after vce is finsihed she does not give a shit about what i do. as long as i achieve an enter/atar over 95 :O there is soooo much pressure and she just doesnt understand. sometimes i wish that it would be the last day of year 12.... because then ill be free.
i will have freedom after year 12 becuase my parents have the same attitude as my cuz's parents. he had the same problem with them, now that he has his high enter and a solid future, his parents are less worried about him and are now imposing their protectiveness over his younger brother... and i know this is what will happen with me :) but there is still 17 months to go....
anybody else have any constructive comments? not that i havent had a laugh about some your commets :D
altho my friend may have pranked me :( you guys are a hell of fun :D

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
I am on drugs right now and I have more rep than you

thus

I am better than you

shyboy

HSC
Who says you have to tell your parents?

Man up, ask her out, see if you guys have the same frees and go out then.

Or if that's entirely not an option, best way is to break it to your parents and tell them some crap like, "I won't see her during exams or important assessments so I can concentrate on study like a good son".
Yeah i was planning to break it to them this week leading into holidays as all my exams are finsihed now. But then again i was thinking of not telling them and just do it in secrecy like you said in free periods or when we finish school early like 2-3 days a week.

bio_nut

HSC
I really doubt your parents would kick you out.

Isn't is also "traditional" to absolutely cosset your child?

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
Cannot believe I forgot to say this.

Cool story, bro.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)