Oversea calculator problem (1 Viewer)

trapizi

╰(゜Д゜)╯
HSC
So I'm an oversea student and I do Maths Extension 2 at school. I just found out that my calculator has some functions that most normal australian calculator don't have. So I'm wondering will the examiners allow me to bring my calculator into the exam. Its features are not listed in the approved calculators of HSC: http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/hsc_exams/calculators.html
E.g. Complex number calculations- calculating mod-arg, conjugate, and etcetera.
I did ask my teacher but he said he didn't know and was not sure.

P/s: For some reasons, I don't want to tell my calculator brand and model. Please understand.:uhoh:

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
The overseas editions of the fx82au are not allowed in the HSC. As they look similar to an fx82au you may be able to get away with it in internals and possibly the HSC, but getting a board approved calculator would be the safe bet.

bangladesh

HSC
Just on a complete side note, no one checked my calculator or anyone else's calculator during the hsc exams at my school...

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I wouldn't risk it as it is not allowed. Plus if you get caught with equipment you are not suppose to have you risk getting penalised.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
Why make such an issue of it? Just get one of the regular Board-approved calculators.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)