oversized shirts (1 Viewer)

pattii

condom endorser
HSC
I buy ovesized shirts mens/womens (or steal some off my mates) and cut them to make dresses(singlet and shirt), trim hems, make v necks, etc..

it gives the 'unique' look, but most of all its awesomely comfortable + it gives the sporty look too

who else does this??
and where do you get your shirts??

<3

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
I buy large shirts when a medium is what "fits" me... that's the extent of my oversized shirts (I realise this thread has a different point to it). It looks fine and I prefer the looser feel.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
tight shirts are win.

otherwise I look like a fucking wigger.

genril

Banned
HSC
yeah, i hate shirts that are long on your torso, slim fits = win.

pattii

condom endorser
HSC
tight as in..

we know your tank and you can't move your arms, why get a tight shirt.

slim fit is ok..
but i draw the line on guys if their shit looks like a dress, it may be alright for girls.. but not for guys

jaykhu

HSC
fitted clothes are more my thing. unless you actually look like a black rapper from the hood, you might look like a hip hop wannabe if you're a guy and wear oversized shirts. to each their own though.

miss-smexy

HSC
pattii said:
I buy ovesized shirts mens/womens (or steal some off my mates) and cut them to make dresses(singlet and shirt), trim hems, make v necks, etc..

it gives the 'unique' look, but most of all its awesomely comfortable + it gives the sporty look too

who else does this??
and where do you get your shirts??

<3
post up pics of your results. I've never done so before. I think it would look crap =/ frayed edges.... unless anyone is going for the hobo look... but prove me wrong pattii =)

quik.

HSC
I try to buy shirts that arn't snug but arn't overly large, spose the best word would be comfortable. This is a bit hard because I'm kinda snug in a large now ]: But different places seem to have different fits / definitions of 'large' so it works out.

Ademir

HSC
oversized shirts suck, they trail behind you and at absolute worst make you look like a hip-hop wannabe

slim fits ftw

killyridols

HSC
i used to do that kinda stuff all the time. when i was in year nine i started a business with my friend, and we printed tshirts, and made little dresses :p. we were planning on selling them at markets, but ended up selling stuff at school.
i got some $3 grey mens singlets from a chinese junk shop in rockdale. i'm wearing mine now! they're really long and the armholes are so low that you can see my bra/underboob but they're awesome for bumming around in. they have a nice low neck which is cool too.
i've been thinking of getting some more and sewing seams along the sides, so i have a singlet-dress, but i cbf.
asian junk shops are the best places to get plain things. this one in hurstville (if you are in that area) sells massive oversized tshirts for 2 dollars each, the only complaint i have is that the fabric is a little too rigid and not sheer enough for my liking. i'm sure that you could get them somewhere like campsie or earlwood as well though.
here's some ideas:
-get a really oversized tshirt, and cut the top of it to change the neckline so it's more of a singlet shape. overlock the edges or leave them raw, if you like an unfinished look, or seam the edges. then sew a piece of elastic in the middle to give it a waist (or just leave it and use a belt if you are lazy). and voila! you have a little dress. it can look kinda boring if you do it with a white tshirt, but cute if you use a stripey one or one with a nice fabric.
-use bias binding in an interesting colour on hems if you want to make something plain more interesting (this wouldn't really work on a jersey or tshirt fabric, but it works perfect on cotton)
-also, lace or broderie anglaise type trimming is really cute to use.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
i wear massive shirts to bed/around the house but thats it. i don't suit oversized/baggy clothes in any way. i guess if it looked good on me i'd do it though.

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
I used to like slightly oversized shirts as well, because they felt comfortable.

Then pretty recently a girl took me out shopping and told me how sexy i looked in more form-fitting clothes. That was enough for me to change preferences.

All guys need a fashion-conscious girl to help them buy clothes, i rkn.

-P_D

IC3

HSC
jaykhu said:
fitted clothes are more my thing. unless you actually look like a black rapper from the hood, you might look like a hip hop wannabe if you're a guy and wear oversized shirts. to each their own though.
what if you're ALREADY hip hop?

what then :O!?

jaykhu

HSC
IC3 said:
what if you're ALREADY hip hop?

what then :O!?

then it's GG.

-- but seriously though, it will be one of those things that when we looked back in 10 years time we'd say "oh shat that was sooo ridiculously ugly". Kind of like shiny sparkly pants Elvin used to wear, and tight leather pants those rockers would wear.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
vulgarfraction said:
Yeah but guys need dragging.

I absolutely hate the feeling of sleeves past mid forearms. I bum around in some big shirts, but I shove all the sleeves out. Generally never considered leaving the house in oversized stuff. Looking fat paranoia maybe.

(Why do I always think the P_D is an emote?)
omg me too, with the sleeves thing. even in winter i'll push long sleeves up to my elbows unless its absolutely freeeeeezing. and if i do let my sleeves all the way down my arm they have to be long enough to cover my wrists and hands, and cant be too loose, or too tight, and preferably have that ribbed sort of section at the ends that you get on a lot of knit tops, and the material cant be too thick or too flimsy, and...yeah. you get the idea.

/OCD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)