oweeeeek (1 Viewer)

ademayd

HSC
Does the express bus stop at every gate? Or rather where?

Rampager

HSC
I'll be going tomorrow (tuesday) and i'm in the same situation as the rest of you loners (We're a group!) I live in Beacon Hill/Dee Why and god damn its a fair trek to get to UNSW, thats why i'm only going Tuesday/Thursday.

I'm also abit undecided on thursday's Engineering welcome, 'Computer Science' goes under Engineering, but am I going to be sitting through a lot of nothing? What time should I arrive?

I'm really keen for Tuesday's night comedy night, and the 11.30/1.30/3.30pm meet new people events, hah, we'll see how I go.

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
if you're computing, the most important event of o-week is lab 0.

oliverbedon89

HSC
N/A
are the welcomes worth to go to?

oweek was pretty boring today.
went today, was late 20 min for the welcome thing (no sits so had to stand) which lasted 1 hour only (i was expecting they talk more about the course but when i got there, all they talked about was arc membership and joining clubs). didnt talk to anyone or had opportunity to meet anyone :(. everyone somehow seemed to be in a group! (and so many people!) maybe i should bring a friend next time... so all in all, i 'exercised' by walking all the way to that clancy auditorium only for 40min of useless information :(. i was planning to get my idcard too but the line was :jaw:

LordPc

HSC
I'll be going tomorrow (tuesday) and i'm in the same situation as the rest of you loners (We're a group!) I live in Beacon Hill/Dee Why and god damn its a fair trek to get to UNSW, thats why i'm only going Tuesday/Thursday.

I'm also abit undecided on thursday's Engineering welcome, 'Computer Science' goes under Engineering, but am I going to be sitting through a lot of nothing? What time should I arrive?

I'm really keen for Tuesday's night comedy night, and the 11.30/1.30/3.30pm meet new people events, hah, we'll see how I go.
hey, same here with pretty much all of what you said. maybe we'll meet eachother at one of those meet new people events

since you are doing comp sci you should consider coming on friday too. there's a scavenger hunt for all the CSE students so it will be a good opportunity to meet some fellow students who will be doing computing degrees with you.

Rampager

HSC
if you're computing, the most important event of o-week is lab 0.
What event would this be under? And from the email I got, Week Zero is going to be CSE's 'introduction'?

lordPC said:
since you are doing comp sci you should consider coming on friday too.
Man I'm more out of the loop than I know, when's this happening on friday? Yea maybe we'll see each other, my name is Sami if I ever introduce myself you might recognize me, haha.

Oliver said:
i 'exercised' by walking all the way to that clancy auditorium only for 40min of useless information
This is the top on my list of concerns, hah, you didn't get to meet anyone though, did you go to the 'meet new people' sessions? I mean I know I wont have the balls to try and get myself into groups if it's not clear they want new people to talk to, hah.

Anyway, might as well enjoy myself tomorrow, cya guys there (if I see any of you.)

gh0stface

HSC
went today, was late 20 min for the welcome thing (no sits so had to stand) which lasted 1 hour only (i was expecting they talk more about the course but when i got there, all they talked about was arc membership and joining clubs). didnt talk to anyone or had opportunity to meet anyone :(. everyone somehow seemed to be in a group! (and so many people!) maybe i should bring a friend next time... so all in all, i 'exercised' by walking all the way to that clancy auditorium only for 40min of useless information :(. i was planning to get my idcard too but the line was :jaw:
1 hr? on the oweek timetable it says the welcomes are from 9am-2pm wtf?

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
Thats why politik said get your cards now

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
What event would this be under? And from the email I got, Week Zero is going to be CSE's 'introduction'?
Week zero will be your introduction to CSE. Lab 0 is meant to set you up with your own cse user name and password, and probably see if you understand a hello world program. Just ask the cse service desk if you want to know when lab 0's are being run.

LordPc

HSC
1 hr? on the oweek timetable it says the welcomes are from 9am-2pm wtf?
well the welcome for engineering is a general welcome, then we divide into our respective schools for another welcome. then lunch, then some tours around campus

so it is conceivable that the welcomes went really short and the lunch and tours are essentially not vital if you know where you are going

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)