OzKo's Geography notes [2009] (1 Viewer)

asadass

HSC
Uni Grad
Thankyou!

What mark did you end up getting?

It seems like such a tired subject nowadays, the syllabus needs to be revamped or something.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Thankyou!

What mark did you end up getting?

It seems like such a tired subject nowadays, the syllabus needs to be revamped or something.

What do you think needs changing in the syllabus?

asadass

HSC
Uni Grad
Perhaps making it more interesting in the years 7-10 areas. People seem seem to assume that it's just about topographic maps and global warming lol.

I think the case studies are sort of the saviours, particuarly in regards to ecosystems at risk

asadass

HSC
Uni Grad
Does any of the HSC stuff relate to your degree?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Perhaps making it more interesting in the years 7-10 areas. People seem seem to assume that it's just about topographic maps and global warming lol.

I think the case studies are sort of the saviours, particuarly in regards to ecosystems at risk
I have to agree with you there. The Year 7-10 syllabus is an absolute abomination and that has created that poor perception of the subject which is unfair to say the least.

Does any of the HSC stuff relate to your degree?
In terms of my Geography major, feel free to cross-examine the units I've done (see sig) with the UoS description on the USYD website.

http://www.geosci.usyd.edu.au/undergrad/ug_geog.shtml

If you were to push me though, I would say the theory covered in Urban Places and People and Economic Activity may come up in small snippets in some units. Content-wise, not so much.

DancingAnz

HSC
Just came across these, they are certainly very helpful! Does anyone else find the amount of content in this subject quite overwhelming?

madharris

HSC
N/A
Just came across these, they are certainly very helpful! Does anyone else find the amount of content in this subject quite overwhelming?
Yeah, there's a lot more to know than the prelim subject. You need to work hard in order to obtain a good grade, just like most subjects

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)