• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

P.I.P Introduction Help!! (1 Viewer)

marvinmartian

HSC
After reading through past p.i.p's, I cant help but have noticed the majority of the introductions seem to have been written in past tenths..

They are still formatted like introductions, but include much information obtained from an already completed p.i.p..

So is it acceptable to write your introduction after you have done the body of your work??

To me this seems more like a conclusion and not an introduction?
Anyone able to help me out on this??
Cheers Brad

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
marvinmartian said:
After reading through past p.i.p's, I cant help but have noticed the majority of the introductions seem to have been written in past tenths..

They are still formatted like introductions, but include much information obtained from an already completed p.i.p..

So is it acceptable to write your introduction after you have done the body of your work??

To me this seems more like a conclusion and not an introduction?
Anyone able to help me out on this??
Cheers Brad
Its not just acceptable, its pretty advisable! Its the introduction to all the ideas your gonna present in your pip and why you decided to do ur pip however you end up doing it, so you cant possibly know all that information before you actually start.

At my school we do a draft intro in term 1/2 then come back to it after we've finished the central material, then we edit it so it flows better with the rest of the PIP. I thought everyone did that?

=)lisa

whatdoyoumeanitalksofast?
HSC
yeah, brad.. i was confused about this too.
basically, you are introducing your project to the marker. its not about your initial ideas. it is telling them what is in the project, what methodologies you used, your aim, limitations, etc... in a sense, an overall summary.

if you wrote one before you wrote your central material, things may change (ie, methodologies, limitations) and therefore because the content needs to be identified in your introduction, you would need to go back and change it.

good luck with it all,
lisa

SpydaMan

HSC
o true! thanks for that lisa, i didnt know we had to do it that way. lol at amelia telling brad off. good luck to you all. peace

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)