• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

P.I.P - Need help on Central Material Section (1 Viewer)

Study-Access

HSC
Hey guys, doing my p.i.p for 09' atm,

For the CM though, I'm a bit lost becoz it seems like there is a lot to cover. Say for example. I'm doing chivalry, but how will i be able to cover all the qualities/etiquette of a chilvarous person? So would it be rite in saying that i only do one particular aspect of each or the fundamentals in saying so, of which I think are important in a person of a chilvarous nature?

Js for example, I concentrate on gentleness and kindness as being a fundamental quality of a chilvarous person, is that what ur pip is meant to do?

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
ok, first of all, treat this some what like an essay. you need to have paragraphs and sections dedicated to specific areas of your topic so the reader isnt jumping all over the place.

if you're confused about how to do this, break your CM up into chapters. while i personally find chapters confining and detrimental to the flow of my writing, you may not. even if you do, the chapters can be removed later and your ideas woven together with nice linking sentences.

i know nothing of your topic, so only you can decide what the chapters should be. have a chat with you s&c teacher, im sure he or she is pretty well travelled with pips and should be able to offer some guidance.

the most important think to remember is to synthesise your work. let your primary and secondary sources be smoothly incoporated. check out the pip showcase in this forum and take a look at mine and some others, they all should give you an idea on how to do this and how to organise your central material

good work on starting your cm so early. i honestly only started mine in may, hah.

Study-Access

HSC
um sorry for not making it that clear, what i meant was rather,,

say you've chosen your topic, but the topic is too broad, so you would focus it down into more specific aspects?

what i need to know is whether i can js concentrate on one thing, becoz theres so many qualities in being a chilvarous person... u cant possibly list them all, so u wuld focus on some specific ones rite? E.g honesty

Are u allowed to do this? Thats what im asking, sorry if i js made it more confusing lol

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC
the only way to narrow it down is to keep researching. while you want a narrow subject area you still need to have enough to fill the central material limit.

maybe just not one specific area like honesty, but definitely not 20. how about 3 or 4 areas, liek honesty, respect, etc?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)