P&P and Letters To Alice (1 Viewer)

jeremytk

HSC
Can someone please fill me in on anything important that happens between page 96 and the end of Letters to Alice? Kinda havn't finished it yet :)

Secretly I actually enjoyed Pride and prejudice tho.. but shhh..

Lol.. Jim, you are worse than me buddy.. I've got the audio book and movie if you want to borrow that at all?

elliotkool

HSC
I found Letters to Alice was helpful in understanding P&P better. I think it will still take me some time to develop of a full appreciation of P&P though.
i think your statement there is a summary of a 20/20 answer

Findecano

HSC
sorry i disagree why is it fine for sexist comments to be directed towards women but as soon as they come near men your pride is wounded. have you never thought that maybe some of things she said are right. Personally i very much like the arguments that Weldon puts forward as they seem very true and honest to me. And you're proving what she says your pride is wounded because for once you were portrayed as the loving hero but instead the bad guy.
It's fine to have opinions but don't impose them on others.
Safa, that's not what I meant at all.
Men who are sexist towards women are scum; I'm not defending them at all. What I'm saying is that answering sexism with more sexism is counter-productive. As for Weldon's generalisations of men, they annoy me because they're laughable, not insulting. For example: if you thought my spelling was horrible would you say *Findecano* cannot spell to save his life, or *MEN* cannot spell to save their lives? Judging three billion people by the actions of a few seems rather presumptuous to me. Having said that, my pride isn't wounded at all. I'd have to be pretty immature to be insulted by something I read in a novel, or a forum for that matter.

As for me forcing my opinions upon you; this is a forum. It is specifically designed for people to come and post their opinions. You don't have to agree with me, but don't try and deny me my right to free thought.

peachlives

HSC
first line of my speech for this module in my term 1 assessment i said the following:

i thought P+P was boring
i hate fay weldon, hitherto known as fag weldon
i only read it because its the hsc

and i got full marks! hahahaha!!

give the basics, but throw in your opinion, and apparently they like it!

mayo2168

HSC
Im doing this module as well. Is this the worst topic or what? i mean Letters to Alice just drags on and on. i loved pride and prejudice but Letters to Alice is so obscure and complicated. aghhh. im sick of it.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Im doing this module as well. Is this the worst topic or what? i mean Letters to Alice just drags on and on. i loved pride and prejudice but Letters to Alice is so obscure and complicated. aghhh. im sick of it.
Yep, Letters to Alice destroyed the joy of reading a classic and made Module A by far the most painful out of all the modules for me.

allykat92

HSC
We're doing P+P and LTA. I hateed LTA, annoying to read...useful in techniques for writing, but I didn;t find it useful in helping me understand P+P more. I read P+P willfully last year,a nd dreaded studying it. As it turns out, the study wasn't *too* bad but I am NOT looking forward to the essays....

hitchbrick

HSC
tbqh, letters to alice is such a horrible novel everything about it is pathetic - i pray there won't be a movie adaptation.

Last edited:

rororow

HSC
Yet you wouldn't have yourself as anything less than the hero of this webpage. My logic is undeniable.

Your loving aunt,
Fay

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Yet you wouldn't have yourself as anything less than the hero of this webpage. My logic is undeniable.

Your loving aunt,
Fay
lol

+1 to this topic sucking -.-

Even memorizing the essay is taking its sweet time >.>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)