HSC
hey does any one kno the test routes?
even vaguely?

got any general tips?

thanx

shannonm

HSC
N/A
I have a good tip: Practice the immediate area surrounding the test route/RTA before you even book the test/pick a location.

michael1990

HSC
There are so many routes it would be so difficult to pick which one you will be taken on.

I mean its a 45min test. They could take you 20 Kms away.

Just observation is the key, blinkers, knowing road rules, speed and hazard perception.

pezdog

HSC
Did mine at Ryde yesterday lol.....basically went down Victoria Road to gladesville then through Putney on Morrison Road and then through some back streets of West Ryde. Didnt have to do a reverse park luckily....but yea i passed :D

Pace_T

HSC
pezdog said:
Did mine at Ryde yesterday lol.....basically went down Victoria Road to gladesville then through Putney on Morrison Road and then through some back streets of West Ryde. Didnt have to do a reverse park luckily....but yea i passed :D

no reverse park? and i thought the tests were suppose to get harder!

michael1990

HSC
Pace_T said:
no reverse park? and i thought the tests were suppose to get harder!
LOL!

Well they are all random now. You can get asked to do, but then again not.

I think um... Reverse Parking, 3-Point-turns and something else is random. Not sure though.

michael1990

HSC
catzhernandez said:
That might just have been an off- chance that reverse parking was not tested or the poster could be talking out of his ass. Have you heard of " hear-say"?
LOL

but i know reverse parking is random.

So in that case, your argument is blown away.

I just can't find on the website, the driving test randoms.

iEdd

HSC
You definitely do a kerbside stop, which may or may not be on a hill. There's no real "hill start" item anymore, as they are throughout the test. The other manoeuvre is random from angle park, reverse parallel park or 3 point turn (in some areas one type of park is more likely than another).

jasonml

jay son em el
HSC
supposedly you could also be asked to do a U-turn. but havent heard ANYONE having to do one.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
jasonml said:
supposedly you could also be asked to do a U-turn. but havent heard ANYONE having to do one.
I don't think so since U-turns are generally illegal in NSW unless there is a sign saying otherwise.

iEdd

HSC
Riet said:
I don't think so since U-turns are generally illegal in NSW unless there is a sign saying otherwise.
*Only at traffic lights.
Road User's Handbook said:
U-TURNS
Take extra care when making U-turns as they can be dangerous. U-turns cannot be made:
- Where there is a NO U-TURN sign.
- Across any single unbroken (continuous) line or double centre lines, whether or not one line is broken.
- At traffic lights unless you see a U-TURN PERMITTED sign at the intersection.
- On motorways.
The reason they get you to do a 3 point turn is that it's harder than a U-Turn, so they assume if you can do a 3 point turn, you can also do a U-turn.

xJennax

HSC
Yep :) I only got one point off for bumping the kerb in my reverse parallel park.

Muz4PM

HSC
xJennax said:
Yep :) I only got one point off for bumping the kerb in my reverse parallel park.
Well done.

Now I have my P's I have a policy. If you cannot drive directly into a parking spot, then don't park there lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)