pages? (1 Viewer)

saw_dust_farmer

Originally posted by LongBlack
lets see
i worte 25, 30 , and 28

yeah that was alrite
thats 9 books all up for those of you who can count

thats 83 pages divide that by 120 (minutes)

120 / 83 = 1.44578313253012048192771084337349 pages a minute!!!

i think the calculations are right (i do do general maths) if so thats insane!

HSC
N/A
I was chattting to a senior marker and she was saying that they get told to stop reading after 13 pages becuase if you write any more than that than you are not being concise, and they mark you down. Sorry for all those people who apparently who 38 pages.

Matt200

Originally posted by Merethrond
That is over eighty words per minute:eek:!
Yeah i began touch typing for IT last year, and have since quit but continued typed all my work and now im at a nice 90 wpm. I got a special provision because BOS agreed with my teachers that my handwriting could not be read.

Though i am a little disappointed, i was put in a room with a bunch of noobs who finished after 30 mins and spent the rest of the time talking about and fixing the printer. In addition the room i was in was right next the a main walkway in our school and during recess/between periods it was unreasonably noisy. For this i am really pissed of at my school, though you should note i only got 2 hours of sleep last night and as a result am pissed of at everybody.

Edit: Oh yeah and i better add Spellcheck and such was disabled, oh and yeah so was copy and paste which really irritated me because i coulnd edit my work

Last edited:
N

ND

Originally posted by saw_dust_farmer
thats 83 pages divide that by 120 (minutes)

120 / 83 = 1.44578313253012048192771084337349 pages a minute!!!

i think the calculations are right (i do do general maths) if so thats insane!
(120 minutes)/(83 pages) = 1.45 minutes per page. :)

Matt200

Originally posted by Nick
yeah thats bad.. no one could ever write 6 typed pages out in 40 minutes.. no wonder all the exemplar samples are typed
? what do you mean, i meant 6 pages all up

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
Originally posted by Merethrond
You misinterpreted my question.
yeah sorry about that... i read a post and then your reply which wasnt to that post... dont worry my bad... sorry
Originally posted by Matt200
oh and yeah so was copy and paste which really irritated me because i coulnd edit my work
and so it should be..... WE cant edit OUR work.... what you wanted that sort of advantage too... you got enough as it is... being able to type your essays

beemo

Though i am a little disappointed, i was put in a room with a bunch of noobs who finished after 30 mins and spent the rest of the time talking about and fixing the printer. In addition the room i was in was right next the a main walkway in our school and during recess/between periods it was unreasonably noisy. For this i am really pissed of at my school, though you should note i only got 2 hours of sleep last night and as a result am pissed of at everybody.

Edit: Oh yeah and i better add Spellcheck and such was disabled, oh and yeah so was copy and paste which really irritated me because i coulnd edit my work
poor baby

Matt200

Thanks for the consideration, i never said the not being able to c&p wasnt fair, im just being truthfull it did irritate me, oh and lastly im quite poor at english so dont worry i wont get a higher mark than any of you

Last edited:

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
oh and lastly im quite poor at english so dont worry i wont get a higher mark than any of you
its not that, you've missed the whole fucking point..... its the principal (sorry i never know which if its principle or principal) of the matter

lillaila

clear as ice
HSC
How can a person write tooooooo slow, i mean stroke by stroke or something?
And about the comment on how markers r told to stop reading after 13 pages......well, i think there's some consideration, eg. how large ur writing is, how much crossing out u did, how many lines u skipped....i mean someone could write over 1200 words in 8 pages but eg. me i used over a booklet about 14 or so pages for a question and i could prolly write only about 1000 words or so...........i mean if they stop at 13 pages then thats stupid .... i think more like 25 or smthng..........ure prolly trying to scare us.

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
hahaha yeah i write 1200 words in 8 pages... all my essays are about that on the computer and all of them ended up 8 pages in the exam...
weird how someones writing can make their essay like 6 pages longer even though really it is the same in quantity

anastabation

Originally posted by elizabethy
i did 2 booklets for each module.......i hope i get a gud mark....
my hand was DEAD at the end of the exam.....my teacher then gave me an icepack...lolz
de farrrrk. How on earth did you manage 2 booklets each in 2 hours? I didn't stop to think and could only manage 8,8,10 (and one string)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)