Votes: 16 28.1%
  • stay au naturel

Votes: 41 71.9%

• Total voters

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
ok I have dark blonde hair and my skin is quite pale. I don't really tan very well... i usually burn THEN go brown, which is not the most sensible option, cause it hurts, so my question is.... should i go with the fake tanning option? Is brown always best? Any guys who are brave enough to go to this thread, i'd also like your opinion.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
llamalope said:
ok I have dark blonde hair and my skin is quite pale. I don't really tan very well... i usually burn THEN go brown, which is not the most sensible option, cause it hurts, so my question is.... should i go with the fake tanning option? Is brown always best? Any guys who are brave enough to go to this thread, i'd also like your opinion.
How pale is 'quite pale'? Too white is no good, but I don't particularly like fake tan either because even when it's done well it is still really obvious to me.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
i've seen quite a few girls at uni the last week with fake tans (oh lovely spring), and they look TERRIBLE!

if you can find a good fake tan where you don't look, well, fake, then go for it. but everyone knows that if you're white one day and brown the next and it's still not beach weather, then you're faking it. i'd rather be natural white than look silly fake brown. and from what ive seen at uni, the fake brown looks gross.

plus i doubt a guy is going to turn you away just coz you're not bronzed :)

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
the fake tan is good as long as you DONT look like an oompa loompa

that said i dont mind pale skin ( matches my own :p)

alby

cool duckie
HSC
you could try fake tan if you think you're way too white. but i'd say only put a really light amount on, you dont want to go from pommy white to brazillian brown in 1 day

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
HSC
well... i certainly dont look like any of those blonde bimbos at sydney uni who are practically orange with pale blonde hair....

i suppose its not so bad, because my fair is not really that light, so i dont look like a ghost...but i am not tanned or bronzed by any means or description

volition

arr.
HSC
Yeah I actually don't find tan to always be 'hotter' than non-tan anyway. Don't bother with fake tan

iamsickofyear12

HSC
volition said:
Yeah I actually don't find tan to always be 'hotter' than non-tan anyway. Don't bother with fake tan
yes... if you aren't excessively white fake tan is bad.

Götterfunken

HSC
llamalope said:
Natural is always hawter.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
ive said it before and ill continue saying it until everyone listens to me:

st tropez is the best fke tan ever! it loos better than a natural tan because there are no strap marks, and if you get it on ur palms you just buy the fake tan remover and take it off. also you can leave it on for as little or long as you want, depending on the colour you are aiming for.

go to myer/dj and but it. its a seriously good investment...

i think the tanner is $35 and the remover is $25

Lundy

Banned
HSC
the words 'fake tan' give me horrible orangey nightmares. I think if you can't tan naturally you're not supposed to be tan at all :p

If you're burning before going brown, then try wearing more suncreen??

mmm_sofay

time to pretend
HSC
i dont endorse fake tan.
95% of the time, its looks fucking awful, you can tell its fake, and i just find it to be cheap and skanky like.

why dont you try them tablets that they have, you take them for so many days before you hit it out in the sun for so long, and then continue taking them and apparently they make you browner. i think its fair expensive, but it seems better then fake tan, as its skin thats going brown, and your not getting a coating of paint.

glitter burns

the sky is falling
HSC
Fake tan is a big no. Sorry kids.

Natural fairness is much nicer than being oddly orange.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
don't fake tan yourself!!!! it nearly always looks bad, and even when done well you can always tell the natural tans from the fake - and natural always looks better. even if you're ghostly white, dont do it - pick colours and clothes and makeup that suit your complexion rather than trying to change it with cheap crappy skanky fake tan.

HSC
Haha, most of the time fake tan looks fake and just plain... bad...

You could try a bronzer? Bobbi Brown has a new bronzing palette thingy.
Otherwise, just enjoy your milky beauty :)

Whatever you do, don't neglect sunscreen in an attempt to tan your skin naturally. You'll probably burn and peel.

hYperTrOphY

HSC
I find it extremely difficult to tan. Using the fake tan always seems like too much work and it doesnt usulaly last very long, so I rarely use it.
However, I bought Neutrogena Instant Bronze - Sunless Tanner and Bronzer in One last summer and used it when I went to the beach. It's a streak free foam and I was quite happy with the results.

My PD/H teacher uses fake tan everyday, and no-body even knew until she told us it was fake. Not sure what brand it is though.

In answering your question, it definitley looks better than being white, IF it still looks relatively natural and not streaky and orange.
My advice, give it a go, and see what people's reactions are. Ask your family etc what they think. I'm sure they'll be honest.

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
HSC
well... i put on a very light layer of leTan stuff... actually you can hardly see it, but it makes my legs look less ghostly... plus, I'm dancing in hotpants, so i needed to do something. It looks ok... i was too scared to do anything darker, because i would look like a pumpkin.... but i think thats probably the last time i will use fake tan. I don't really like the stuff anyway, i just didn't want to be washed out on stage (such that it is...)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)