Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula question (1 Viewer)

upright

HSC
N/A
I heard/read that this gets rid of scars (from acne/pimples). Does it work?

I want to buy heaps at Priceline. It's on sale!

Last edited:

ccc123

HSC
I think it works well on scares, but i don't know whether it would help acne. It depends on your skintype i suppose, but it has a really dense, oily texture so may just exacerbate the problem.

....but it smells really nice.

Skeeta

HSC
I think they mean scars FROM acne. In which case, it would probably work.

Lori.

HSC
Its excellent for scarring :)
Does anyone agree that it used to smell so much nicer like, years ago? I think they went cheap on their ingredients :(

lexie85

HSC
tyra banks swears by it for strech marks (or so i heard)

but i also love the smell, so yum, feel like taking a bite out of my arm when i put it on

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
please dont use this for your face =/

cocoa butter is known to clog pores. (aka you might get pimples/etc)

Artemis.

HSC
Palmer's Cocoa Butter is great, but I wouldn't use it on my face, or expect it to completely get rid of scars. Really good moisturiser though.

HSC
N/A
I have some horrendous scar issues at the moment (mostly mozziebite related), I think I need to buy some of this stuff asap!!!

ccc123

HSC
sukiyaki said:
please dont use this for your face =/

cocoa butter is known to clog pores. (aka you might get pimples/etc)
Hmm yeah, definately don't use it on your face, it will clog your pores because the texture is much too dense and oily.

Ingoesout

HSC
N/A
ccc123 said:
LOL I'm a walking contradiction...
hahah um, anyway, for what you're after (thread starter) use bio-oil. That shit is good for EVERYTHING, no seriously, it's amazing!

I'm off the original cocoa butter and instead use the Palmers extra virgin olive oil one, it smells nice rather than edible, and the body balm is sooooo good on freshly epilated legs, it like makes them shine theyre so moisturised!!

upright

HSC
N/A
Ingoesout said:
hahah um, anyway, for what you're after (thread starter) use bio-oil. That shit is good for EVERYTHING, no seriously, it's amazing!

I'm off the original cocoa butter and instead use the Palmers extra virgin olive oil one, it smells nice rather than edible, and the body balm is sooooo good on freshly epilated legs, it like makes them shine theyre so moisturised!!
Any cheaper alternative to Bio-oil?

Ingoesout

HSC
N/A
upright said:
Any cheaper alternative to Bio-oil?
Hmm it's quite cheap really, and lasts AGES! Sorry I can't really think of a cheaper alternative that is of equal quality. Seriously for 16 bucks buy it. It's worth it, i promise you.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
It isn't very expensive, and does the job well.
I wouldn't advise putting cocoa butter on your face, as it's too greasy and would probably block your pores.

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
if you're wanting to fade scars then palmer's actually does a special scar serum that, as far as i can tell, works very well. i've been using it for the past month or so on some scars i have and i've definitely noticed an improvement. :)

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
The best thing for scars in my opinion is pure vitamin e oil. Put it on at night for a few months and the redness will go away.

If you scar easily and you get a cut/pimple, while it's still open, put 'Rosa's scarless healer" on it, and the scar wont form.

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
AlleyCat said:
If you scar easily and you get a cut/pimple, while it's still open, put 'Rosa's scarless healer" on it, and the scar wont form.
where can you purchased this ?
at chemist?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)