panick (?) symptoms (1 Viewer)

misericordia

Confused Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i'm not sure whether i'm posting in the right forum but this topic is kind of health related.
i'm just wondering whether there's any way to relieve panick symptoms without seeing counsellor. what i'm experiencing is really weird - when stuff happens (e.g. when im late for handing assignments in, etc), i can't control my breathing, start shivering and i get scared for no reason. like, i have no idea what i'm freaked out of, but when it happens, even the slightest thing puts serious pressure on me (i get scared of stimulus around me). its really bothering me because this week i had this for about 3 times. i dont think that this is a panick attack though...its really weird.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
misericordia said:
i'm not sure whether i'm posting in the right forum but this topic is kind of health related.
i'm just wondering whether there's any way to relieve panick symptoms without seeing counsellor. what i'm experiencing is really weird - when stuff happens (e.g. when im late for handing assignments in, etc), i can't control my breathing, start shivering and i get scared for no reason. like, i have no idea what i'm freaked out of, but when it happens, even the slightest thing puts serious pressure on me (i get scared of stimulus around me). its really bothering me because this week i had this for about 3 times. i dont think that this is a panick attack though...its really weird.
Don't be late handing in assignments... problem solved.

misericordia

Confused Member
HSC
Uni Grad
no its not that. like, when i see people..or anything. i dont know what triggers it, it happened also when i didnt have much problems like that.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
panic attack.. .. you are doing a psychology degree... you of all people should know who to see.

if you missed my point, a PSYCHOLOGIST. =) they can help sounds like some needs breathing exercises and relaxation techniques

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
misericordia said:
Dun wanna c a psychologist Xp ..for personal reason
errr.. u know that its the best option.. psychiatrist is the other one..

GP ... u just sound lik u have a problem.. and ur not coping with it

jessyy

HSC
panic attaks are pretty rotten. u do need to see someone though if ur having them regulary. otherwise all i can reccomend is to sit down, slow down ur breating and have a drink of water.

jordankuai22

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
Don't be late handing in assignments... problem solved.
i got this when i took 18 no-doz on NYE..

really got fked up

inasero

Reborn
HSC
oh man...i knew someone who had bad side effects on 5 no-doz...tell us what happened that time, i'm curious

rozymisty

HSC
18 tablets? OMFG no wonder you went crazy..what did you expect? lucky to live through it...the strain you'd have put on your heart alone!

hMmm mate it certainly to me sounds like a panic attack. They arent nice are they? i had one recently...never had one b4 and they are horrible.

Get yourself to a counsellor, otherwise things will get worse. obviously the personal reasons you dotn want to talk to one are having an effect on it all

romancandle

HSC
Try this.

When your in one of these panic situations, breath in very slowly as much as you can, then try and take another breath otop of it quickly, so that your lungs are as full with as much air as possible. Then hold this breath for 10 seconds. Close your eyes and countit out in your head, slowly (no cheating). Just keep holding it. once 10 seconds is up, slowly release the air in your lungs over about 5-8 seconds, then breath in really slowly over 10 seconds, and out slowly.. repeat.

Most panick physically speaking is caused by a build up of oxygen in your system. Doing this breathing technique makes sure your body uses up as much oxygen as it should, and kind of restores the balance.

Works for me!

misericordia

Confused Member
HSC
Uni Grad
romancandle said:
Try this.

When your in one of these panic situations, breath in very slowly as much as you can, then try and take another breath otop of it quickly, so that your lungs are as full with as much air as possible. Then hold this breath for 10 seconds. Close your eyes and countit out in your head, slowly (no cheating). Just keep holding it. once 10 seconds is up, slowly release the air in your lungs over about 5-8 seconds, then breath in really slowly over 10 seconds, and out slowly.. repeat.

Most panick physically speaking is caused by a build up of oxygen in your system. Doing this breathing technique makes sure your body uses up as much oxygen as it should, and kind of restores the balance.

Works for me!
hey, your advice is great. thanks a lot :)

dumpling child

HSC
As for me, relieving stress and things relating to that is usually cured by a good walk or exerices session. Once your finished and your body is warm, your head is alert and your breathing is clear, i find tackling any stressful situation easy. The only problem is actually finding the time to do all of this TT_TT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)