Panicking, need advice real bad for Phys and Chem... (1 Viewer)

Simorgh

HSC
Ok so I started self learning HSC Chem and Phys few weeks back just to have a head start before the Term starts. I went pretty deep into Space and Production of Materials, suddenly the teacher has been lately going through the first syllabus points it seems like I have forgotten most of what I earlier learnt especially in Chem... Physics is not going as bad for me but still.

What strategies should I implement in order for that content that I earlier learnt can be fully ingrained in my head? I am kind of really panicking now becuase I put so much time into learning and suddenly forgotten most of what I originally learnt.

Btw I am not good at making my own notes I have realised so far. I have been handwriting my notes and have been doing for the last week so far, I have a habit of simplying copying and pasting from other peoples + class notes and also from the chapters in the textbook. Am I doing it wrong in terms of making my own notes?

I have been honestly studying long but not that effectively or neither that productively. Say I spend 1.5 hours studying Chem each day, during that time what should I be specifically doing?

colleenb123

HSC
YOU SHOULD CALM DOWN FIRST....Its normal to feel that way...go on YouTube and watch videos of LetsLearnScience....that channel has both physics and chem stuff...get familiar with content that way...i am scared for chem too!! BUT I am sure you will be fine...if u panic then u wont do well...just calm down and relax and then work :) Hope that was useful :)

MilkyCat_

HSC
Keep going over it until it ingrains in your head because it eventually will

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
easychem.com.au Would be a good resource to help you learn the syllabus by yourself. Also find ahmad shahs notes and memorise them because you literally can't get any better than them.

fuzionx3

HSC
I've been spending a lot of my time on Chem and Phys since they are the subjects i struggle with most. I've been given a booklet for chemistry composed by the teacher with relevant questions regarding each dot point in the syllabus. I recommend transferring your notes you take in class for both subjects and look at the syllabus dot point and try create your own type of question. Furthermore, you can do excel or other books such as dot point physic and chemistry HSC which can boost your understanding. Make sure you pay attention in all your classes, and especially in practical experiments you undertake, as they will also be tested in the HSC.

Simorgh

HSC
Cheers guys. Living in such a state of confusion at the moment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)