Pan's Labrynth & The Tempest (1 Viewer)

Argen1447

HSC
Hey does anyone wanna start a discussion of the links between the tempest and pan's labrynth, and just in general pan's labrynth and the imaginative journey. Techniques and examples would be good :)
Excuse me while i go and watch pan's labrynth again :eek:
Cheers

the arts

conformist
HSC
hey, that's a great sup text for imaginative journeys! I love the film but hadn't even considered it. Well, it encompasses all three aspects of the Imaginative journey-speculation, imagination and inspiration. The three elements are not only within the film, such as Ofelia's quest and tasks in becoming queen, but also in the Responder's perception of the movie.
Was sofia's imagination the only thing of magic within its imaginative plot? In the final scene we see through the Captain's eyes that the faun does not exist-she is talking to an empty space. Yet if this is true, how did she escape from her locked and guarded room unless thru the door created by the 'magic' chalk the non-existent faun gave her?
Similarly, was the mother's improvement in health merely a coincidence when Ofelia placed the enchanted mandrake under her bed? If so, why did her health suddenly plummet and she instantly begin to miscarry when it was discovered and destroyed?
Thanks for the idea-and just in time for exams too! I'll def be using it as a sup text. The fact that it is a foreign film makes it all the more intriguing for an examiener to mark, not to mention the audience's imaginative journey through the cultural and linguistic differences!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)