Pan's Labyrinth (1 Viewer)

zeddax

HSC
I watched the spanish film Pan's Labyrinth last night for the first time and I was completely blown away by it's creative and artistic brilliance. Films nowadays cannot seem to retain my attention for much longer than 45 minutes simply because the majority of productions are regurgitated material but this film was so unique and amazing.
Pan's Labyrinth and Stranger than Fiction are two of the best films I have seen all year because they were original ideas and gave me everything and more I wanted in a film. For the first time in a while I was pleasantly surprised.

Who has seen either of these films and what did you think of them? I am interested in getting into the industry but it is just so hard. I have for a long while wanted to direct films and after watching Pan's Labyrinth I have become more inspired to just do it!

//Zeddax

p.s How amazingly disturbing and freaky was The Pale, the hand/eyes creature? I was simultaneously attracted and repulsed (ahhh binary opposition, alien self) :eek:

theodore223

God's reincarnate
HSC
i have recently seen pans labyrinth and was amazed. the film was oe of the best fantasy films of recent times and should go down a one of the best fantasy films in history. simply stunning

lacklustre

HSC
Same, it was so magical.

I flinched when the guy was stitching back up his face lol

your.knee

i'm lizzing
HSC
I haven't seen it yet but some of my friends have. Apparently (and this topic justifies it) it's very good but also a bit gruesome. I'm interested in it for the story and graphics and such but the gory parts I don't think I'm looking forward to. Especially when lacklustre said someone stitched his own face...

zeddax

HSC
Dragon Ball Z and I go way back. It is the quintessence of my childhood. Well maybe not that dramatic but I was an avid fan.
Goku. How can any one go wrong with a character that spectacular? He was my god. And I was partially Chi Chi.
//Zeddax

TraceyPerez

HSC
I really liked that movie...i wasnt sure if it was an imaginative journey, but i would have thought it was because of its use of fauns, and how her loneliness takes her to a possibility that what the faun is telling her is true.

Ithilethiel

HSC
zeddax said:
Pan's Labyrinth and Stranger than Fiction are two of the best films I have seen all year
I also saw those two movies within a few days of one another and loved them.

JJBearPaw

HSC
I really loved it also. My friend got scared and wanted to leave the cinema, but I just couldn't. It was so perfectly amazing. I loved how the main character was a small girl. I felt for her so much.

And I agree, when that guy started sewing his face I freaked out.

Pans Labrynth and Amelie and my favourite foreign films. Amelie is simply gorgeous, if you haven't seen, you should.

Lolita25

HSC
i thought it was great. Especially when the white pale "thing" wanted to eat her...lol. I thought the movie itself was so creative and completely blew me away

sando516

HSC
I loved it. The whole thing was splendid. The actors are fantastic, and whoever came up with the idea is utterly brilliant...

Teclis

The White Tower of Hoeth, Saphery, Ulthuan
HSC
That movie made me redefine what the idea of getting "bottled" meant.

No but seriously, I thought it was brilliantly put together. del Toro is brilliant. Hellboy also used that amazing visual style (but the plot wasn't as well done). I loved the ambiguity of the end too...

and yea Stranger than Fiction is also pretty amazing :rolleyes:

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
Teclis said:
That movie made me redefine what the idea of getting "bottled" meant.

No but seriously, I thought it was brilliantly put together. del Toro is brilliant. Hellboy also used that amazing visual style (but the plot wasn't as well done). I loved the ambiguity of the end too...

and yea Stranger than Fiction is also pretty amazing :rolleyes:
the problem with hellboyII was that del toro wrote it, hah. visually, astounding. hobbit is going to be amazing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)