paper 1 - short answers (1 Viewer)

stressedadfff

HSC
wait im so confused do they give lined paper for the short answers or why is it like that in the download copy???
and why is it so long like 5 marks is an entire page?? since when

triviajeon

HSC
wait im so confused do they give lined paper for the short answers or why is it like that in the download copy???
I'm pretty sure you write your SA responses in the question booklet?

icycledough

HSC
A whole page for 5 marks isn't as long as you think. The lines are quite tall in length, meaning there aren't as many lines on a page as compared to a standard A4 book, meaning you'll be able to write the same answer but require more lines.

stressedadfff

HSC

triviajeon

HSC
wait but there are two different question booklets do you mean they advise how many lines or the essay writing booklet im so confused haha
Ohh for Paper 1 Section 1, you write your answers in the lined spaces given right under the question. Then, for Paper 1 Section 2 and all of Paper 2, you use a different booklet :)

vishnay

God
HSC
A whole page for 5 marks isn't as long as you think. The lines are quite tall in length, meaning there aren't as many lines on a page as compared to a standard A4 book, meaning you'll be able to write the same answer but require more lines.
+ there's space left on either side so u have less horizontal space to work with

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
getting flashbacks to last year paper 1, I think there was a 4 marker with literally 2 pages of writing space and then a 6 marker will only 1 page, was so shocking

icycledough

HSC
getting flashbacks to last year paper 1, I think there was a 4 marker with literally 2 pages of writing space and then a 6 marker will only 1 page, was so shocking
Yh, I just had a look at last year's Paper 1 and just noticed that as well. I'd say we were quite lucky as there weren't any like 7-8 marker questions ... they were 4, 5, 5, 6. I'm pretty sure that you were allowed to go beyond the lines as long as you stayed within the region they specified not to go over, which they've drawn in with these right angle symbols at the bottom corners of the page.

GoldenMelon

HSC
Yh, I just had a look at last year's Paper 1 and just noticed that as well. I'd say we were quite lucky as there weren't any like 7-8 marker questions ... they were 4, 5, 5, 6. I'm pretty sure that you were allowed to go beyond the lines as long as you stayed within the region they specified not to go over, which they've drawn in with these right angle symbols at the bottom corners of the page.
7-8 markers?? Is that even possible 😭😭😭

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)