Paper 2 Section 2 Module B (1 Viewer)

fishy89sg

HSC
this question was surprising. i didnt think that they could have asked a question where i could mould in my prepared response so much

btw i did q8 - SPEECHES

sezza899

HSC
fishy89sg said:
this question was surprising. i didnt think that they could have asked a question where i could mould in my prepared response so much

btw i did q8 - SPEECHES

Yeah I really liked this question, it allowed me to intergrate quotes and points I made in an assessment I did, and talk about its reception in a range of audiences, and why the ideals expressed in it are stilled valued today.

I feel as though I did the best in this out of all my modules.

What ideal and speeches did you talk about?

I talked about the ideas of ‘Freedom, Justice and Liberty for all’ in 'The Gettysburg Address' by Lincoln’s and King’s 'I have a Dream'

fishy89sg

HSC
i used the same s[peeches but only tlked about unity and commemoration

sezza899

HSC
Cool, yeah well there is so much you could write about those two.

I'm so glad they didn't specify a speech!

nitnit

HSC
I did harwood and the question got me at first.. but then I managed to pull something out of the hat.. "love and pain"!

what else did you guys choose as the "intense emotion" ?

fishy89sg

HSC
sezza899 said:
Cool, yeah well there is so much you could write about those two.

I'm so glad they didn't specify a speech!
im also glad that they didnt say TWO speeches only

luv.bubble

HSC
HORRIBLE for king lear
"intense family relationships that captivate audiences"
i had prepared so much for the text's textual integrity, its values of natural order, etc, that was what made king lear a successful and worthy text.
so family relationships????
i only knew about one character??????
the king???
i had to fully remould my essay.
luckily i remembered SOME information on cordelia
and i vaguely remembered some things to do with kent.
oh well
its better than last year's "characterisation" question
and i am so glad they didnt specify questions on women.
because like i said.
i only know the king.

Mah

HSC
N/A
I had a really good essay ready but didn't read the question right
Glass Jar
I put someones interpretation+context
My interpretation +context
Father and Child
Someones interpretation+context
my interpretation +context
paragraph about the TWO emotions in this ONE poem (about death and appreciation)
(wrong way around)
In Glass jar there was a theme of death by I didn't specify
I wonder if they'll see it and how many marks they will take off...what do u think?

Last edited:

Phil.B52

HSC
I did yeats, which i believe was a similar question to Harwood dealing with intense emotion...
I did it last, left with about 30 mins to do it, which left me just enough time to get down what i wanted to write...however, i doubt any marker will be bothered to sift through, real missy pile of shit it is :mad1:
My "intense emotions" were passion and longing.....followed closely by intense hatred for Yeats...baahhhh english ova mofos

Abbyruth

HSC
nitnit said:
I did harwood and the question got me at first.. but then I managed to pull something out of the hat.. "love and pain"!

what else did you guys choose as the "intense emotion" ?
I chose love and fear. The amount of times I've heard "read and re-read the question" is phenomenal, but do you think I read the question properly? No. I didn't talk about the same emotion being used in more than one poem - will that matter too much? I hope not... I didn't really like this question, I'd been focusing on other things, not so much emotions in the poems. Luckily, the Frontline question was really good for me.

Mah

HSC
N/A
Abbyruth said:
I chose love and fear. The amount of times I've heard "read and re-read the question" is phenomenal, but do you think I read the question properly? No. I didn't talk about the same emotion being used in more than one poem - will that matter too much? I hope not... I didn't really like this question, I'd been focusing on other things, not so much emotions in the poems. Luckily, the Frontline question was really good for me.

I did the same thing! but i reread the question when I got home lol...I also focused on other thinks (context, and interpretations of other people) My emotions were sadness about death and appreciation for parents in 'Father and Child'. I didn't seen anything about emotion on the outcomes of this module so it cant matter that much... can it?

niccy

HSC
I did Yeats for this question and wrote about fear of death and old age in When You Are Old and Sailing to Byzantium. This question threw me the 'intense' part was yukky I didn't know what is considered intense and what isn't!! ARGH! It wasn;t like ANY of the past papers! Everyone in my class wrote about either love or fear though i think.

niccy

HSC
I did Yeats for this question and wrote about fear of death and old age in When You Are Old and Sailing to Byzantium. This question threw me the 'intense' part was yukky I didn't know what is considered intense and what isn't!! ARGH! It wasn;t like ANY of the past papers! Everyone in my class wrote about either love or fear though i think.

simonelye

Simone.
HSC
fishy89sg said:

btw i did q8 - SPEECHES
I agree =]
This was my best section.
Powerplays and Emma/Clueless threw me a little.
But i think i did okay.
My Essaay fit perfectlyyyyyy =]
I did Lincolns "Government of the People, By the People, for the people" and
Keatings "Funeral Service of the Unknown Australian Soldier <br>
I spoke of the importance of freedom, equality, the importance of individuals and what we learn from their sacrifice etc.
I was happy with it.
Much happier than paper one.
=]

tehsky

so lyk yeh.
HSC
luv.bubble said:
HORRIBLE for king lear
"intense family relationships that captivate audiences"
i had prepared so much for the text's textual integrity, its values of natural order, etc, that was what made king lear a successful and worthy text.
so family relationships????
i only knew about one character??????
the king???
i had to fully remould my essay.
luckily i remembered SOME information on cordelia
and i vaguely remembered some things to do with kent.
oh well
its better than last year's "characterisation" question
and i am so glad they didnt specify questions on women.
because like i said.
i only know the king.
=o
i talked bout lear n cordelias relationship
since cordelia being the "joy" of the family is the backbone to the order that ensues in the kingdom; if the relationship is removed then chaos presumes
then i analysed how this relationship is evident in act 1 scnce 1 and act 5 scene 3; showing that in the end due to cordelias death, the kingdom may be fortefied to madness
butttttt i also talked bout lears incestual relationship he had with cordeila, and inorder for the reform of order in the soceity, lear adopted a daughter - in a personal response which then feeds once again on his incestual relationship and anaylsed that it wud only take afffect in a modernistic context as lear would fail to see that he needs a female to be his eyes in a way

thtats what i wrote :X
hope it was decent =]

Smart Alec

HSC
i also didnt read the question properly! I didnt bother reading the second part so i didnt focus on a single emotion, just a variety of emotions. ggrrrrr.

fishy89sg

HSC
i didnt realise until i almost finished writing my perfect prepared essay that i needed to 'evaluate the significance' of the representation.

A

aanka

Abbyruth said:
the question asked for alteast ONE intense human emotion (HARWOOD), focusing on two emotions is not wrong? is it?

A

aanka

Abbyruth said:
the question asked for alteast ONE intense human emotion (HARWOOD), focusing on two emotions is not wrong? is it?

Magicana

HSC
In this section I said that the intense relationship was simply to show issues about our own humanity, and how it would lead to suffering. Talked about anger, suffering, and devoted another paragraph to the structure of the play, the catharsis, etc. Always went back to the human condition and textual integrity (Integrity normally more towards the end of the paragraph), and mentioned all of the above in intro and conclusion (Moreso in the intro, the conclusion was a short affair to give myself time for BNW + BR).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)