Paper 2 What To Expect. (1 Viewer)

Abercrombi3

HSC
hey people, i know im a idiot but ive litterally juzt blanked out on what is actually in paper 2 of the advanced english exam, like what do i need to know, what will i have to do? help me! im freaking out here! thanks!

lexonfire

HSC
Modules A, B, and C! Whichever ones you studied at school...

My paper was just an essay question on each module.

Module A for me was Brave New World and Blade Runner, and we had to evaluate how civilisation is defined by its interactions with the natural environment... something like that.
Module B for me was Gwen Harwood. Critically evaluating the textual integrity of her works and her success as a poet.
Module C was a question on telling the truth, looking at Frontline and related texts.

ooh but remember, it's not necessarily always gonna be essays. it can be interviews, feature articles, editorials, scripts. this time around, i guess the english faculty at my school were being lazy?! :eek:

Last edited:

Abercrombi3

HSC
so will they just give me a question or quote that i have to relate each module to? module one for us was emma/clueless, module two was *king lear?* and module 3 was frontline :) thanks heeps!

lexonfire

HSC
yeah, if it's an essay, all they can really do is give you a direct question or give you a statement which you then have to evaluate. teachers like "Evaluate..." or "To what extent..." kind of questions so u gotta remember to give a judgment and quantify to what extent you agree/disagree for these kinds of questions... man i always forget to do that

if you're supposed to respond in another form... i'm sure it's pretty much the same thing that they'll ask.

i think the key thing for module A is showing knowledge of context & values as clueless has been recreated in modern context, etc. (ew ur doing emma i feel sorry for you lol)

and the key thing for module B is to show you have developed your own view when critically evaluating ur text. i'm not sure how this relates to king lear but the focus is on being critical and show how researching other perspectives has shaped that view.

module C, focus on how the composer manipulates features of your text to represent truth. ahh i find this one the hard one though.

Abercrombi3

HSC
man can't beleive how stupid i sound but are any supp. materials needed? thanks.

champo14

HSC
You only need ad material for module C, because Mod A is comparing two texts and Mod B is a crictical study of a text (King Lear).

Module C you should have two additional material (but they wont necessarily ask for two). But my trial is in an hour and I'm only using one so SHH!

Good luck. Is yours today?

WTF!bbq

if you have to ask
HSC
Study. Oh dear lord study. Lots.

I just got home from the modules exam. I got majorly ownT.

Have lots of quotes from each of your texts, and find good sources on text & representation (module c) that you've sat down and considered and all that for atleast an hour. Mine was a frantic last-minute thing, I didn't analyse it until I was actually sitting in the exam room writing the essay. Don't do this, I beg of you, because then it will be all disjointed and hard to relate to your other texts.

Questions with evaluating something-or-other are pretty cool, because you get to say "Yeah, but no," kinda stuff. So you have (almost) twice as much stuff to talk about. Seriously, just milk it for all its worth :D

Best of luck!!

classact

HSC
Got my Eng Modules Paper Back today, What did ppl write about in the BR/BNW Question, the evaluate how civilisation is defind by interactions with natural environment question, teacher said I missed the block on that one but didn't tell me what to write about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)