Paradise Lost (1 Viewer)

Lady_Disdain

HSC
Ever since I read a bit of Paradise lost (off the net), i felll in love with the poetry in it, yet no library or book shop stock it. Has anyone else read 'Paradise Lost' and if so, where did they get their copy of it?

Serpentia

this has been discussed in here before, I am still in stages of reading this because I am trying to gain everything I can from it. It is a brilliant piece of work

I found my copy at a second hand book shop, twas a fluke find......

You can find it in John Milton's poetry compilations sometimes, make sure they haven't just included parts of it though :)

Serpentia

To elaborate on the above post, it's a classic piece of literature by John Milton, based on the fall of man, and the consequences for Satan and his fellow fallen angels, giving a different slant to the story in Genesis (creating some level of empathy for Satan). However Milton was a Christian (although he did not stick to the classic Christianity at the time, instead taking his own slant on it). It's written as free verse poetry (ie no rhymes).

Iunny

are you guys reading for content? or appreciation of content + style?

Serpentia

ha ha ha

I'm reading inferno AND paradise lost at the same time

do you have any idea how confusing that is

however both, in their own right, are AMAZING in terms of their historical and literary allusions. You learn so much stuff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)