Parallels for Mac (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey so i just bought parallels for mac and installed XP on my macbook. I have a copy of Windows Vista Home Premium (upgrade) that i wish to put on as a replacement for XP,
but i keep getting this error:

This computer is not compliant with the Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI) standard. Windows must be installed onto a computer that supports ACPI. Contact your computer manufacturer for a BIOS update or install Windows on an ACPI-compliant computer.
The compatibility report will be saved to the current Windows desktop.

Does this mean I can't have vista on my mac?(it said on the paralells box that i could, but i dunno) or do i have to install a BIOS update??

thanks

theodore223

God's reincarnate
HSC
it has been advised by many apple experts that it would be wise to run XP and not vista, as vista does have some problems. not sure why, but i believe that when the new boot camp or something like that comes out with Leopard that Vista may be able to work properly. hope that helped.

theodore223

God's reincarnate
HSC
it has been advised by many apple experts that it would be wise to run XP and not vista, as vista does have some problems. not sure why, but i believe that when the new boot camp or something like that comes out with Leopard that Vista may be able to work properly. hope that helped.

AppleXY

s00 l33t xD
HSC
Uni Grad
Unity in Fusion is wicked. It's unbelivable!

Freshmex

Stapler Donator.
HSC
Technically you're not allowed to Virtualise Vista: It's under their EUL(GAY).

XP is apparently still better than Vista, and as people have already pointed out, get that instead.

I'll just wait until Leopard comes out, and then Fast-User-Switch in and out of OS X and XP if need be (probably not).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)