paramedicine at usyd? ... unsw? (1 Viewer)

humptydumpty5

HSC
N/A
hi there peoples I am stuck and dont know what to do. does anyone know if unsw or usyd offer paramedicine

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
It doesn't seem like either USyd or UNSW offer degrees specifically targeting paramedicine, but it does seem like both universities offer degrees that are somehow related to paramedicine:

UNSW's Bachelor of Medical Science provides the basis for a career in biomedical research and is also an appropriate first degree if you’re planning to progress to graduate medical or paramedical degrees.

USyd's Bachelor of Science gives you the essential foundation for a career in healthcare or research, i.e. whether you want to join the leading edge of medical research or become a doctor or dentist with further study.

According to the Australian Paramedical College, registration of paramedics became legislated as of 2018, meaning that in order to become a paramedic in NSW (as well as other states), you will need a degree that focuses on paramedicine.

For a degree with a direct focus on paramedicine, you should consider CSU's Bachelor of Paramedicine or Bachelor of Paramedicine (Honours) as well as WSU's Bachelor of Health Science (Paramedicine).

I hope this helps! 😄

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
thank youuu I just have a question the integrated honours means its combined with an honours degree correct?
No worries. I believe that's correct, integrated honours refers to the fact that completion of honours is integrated within the duration of your degree, meaning you won’t have to apply separately to do honours and won’t need to complete specific honours units.

Assad

HSC
Has anyone done the Paramedicine course at WSU, or any paramedicine course for that matter, that could offer me some insight into what you study, and the overall difficulty of the course?

BarbarAnn88

HSC
I am not sure that now the university provides training in paramedicine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)