Parent problems (1 Viewer)

hi all,

im currently having trouble with my parents. they dont usually fight or argue they get along really well, but lately it hasnt been the same, currently my mum is overseas visiting my grandma who is sick, and dad is at home. dad has been ignoring - i can tell that he is mad at her, because he refuses to talk to her on the phone, send her a msg or even talk about her.
im thinking that its either an issue with money from overseas or because she left us and went off overseas, i dont know im really confused.

It is really upsetting me, because they are never like this, i hate to see my dad so mad at mum for no apparent reason, sometimes i feel like crying because it is that upsetting for me.

my question is have you guys experienced anything similar to this and how do you cope?

yeh i do try to remove myself from the situation such as not thinking about it and leaving it for them to try to communicate with each other. its just that im very close with my family, and im finding it hard to just let it go because i have this fear that if i dont try to get my dad to talk to my mum, that it would get worse or something.

yeh, thats what ive been doin, and my idea is that its about the $$ from overseas. and i also think that its about leaving us at such a badtime such as she left just after i went into hospital to get my tooth removed and im feeling that he is angry at my mum for not being here to support me.
the good thing is that dad never gets angry and raises his voice at me, but usually if he doesnt like the question that ive asked he will just ignore it, which i think is even worse.
Nolanistic: have you had any similar experiences?? u dont have to tell if u dont want to

Kabeio

k.
HSC
Just posting to get rid of the not participating in discussion shit.

Nah havent experienced anything similar.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
agentprovocater said:
hmmm just stay on both their good sides, hear what each side has to say, arm ur self with the knowledge and then keep ur head down
that's probably the best idea i've heard in a long time
agentprovocater said:
=) they should get over it in time,if not soon
and if not, then you've got trouble *cross fingers though*

giggles: my parents split up about 3 mths ago. they're still sorting out a lot of stuff (money in particular), which isnt a pretty sight at times...and i'm still trying to work my own stuff out (still don't know where my head is at times)

its really hard not to get one-sided when you're living with one & dont really talk to the other anymore (due to not really wanting to talk about the situation, and not seeing them much in the first place). but you're lucky that you're still living with both of them - if you can get even just the basics on both sides (wait for a bit after your mum gets home to ask her), then you might be able to understand the whole situation better.

and if anything happens, there's people everywhere who will lend a hand - mates, family, even random bosers =) and trust me, even just a "oh, i'm sorry" is nice when you feel like absolute crap

Oddy Nocki

HSC
N/A
STAY THE FUCK OUT IT.

You have no clue on what going on. Parents never tell you anything.

Bendent

HSC
it's better than parents ganging up on you when you know you are already being a very good person. that's why children over 18 must be independent and don't let others control your life.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
Oddy Nocki said:
STAY THE FUCK OUT IT.

You have no clue on what going on. Parents never tell you anything.
or they tell you lots of stuff that you so dont want to hear about

and she shouldnt have to stay out of it...it impacts on her life too

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
Dont believe anything either of them says.
Its their problem, do your own thing.

Oddy Nocki

HSC
N/A
alby said:
or they tell you lots of stuff that you so dont want to hear about

and she shouldnt have to stay out of it...it impacts on her life too
No she should stay out of it. 99.9% marriages/long term relationship that breaks down become bitter. By getting involved it will force to not only take a lot of Neg emotional baggage which you don't need. It will make you choose sides. Your parents will lie, you won't question because they are your parents. So it's who you are closest to not who's right.

You can do what you want. But I've been there and I am a little wiser and this is what I should have done. What you have to remember is that. Even if your parents hate each other they will never hate you unless you decide to get involved. Think of yourself a switzerland. Noone can hate the swiss.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)