• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Parenting and caring (1 Viewer)

sweetcherrychic

HSC
Has anyone done this assignment yet??
plz help
section 1
impact on change
*outline one change that has impacted on the family unit
*outline one legal change that has impacted on the family unit
*outline one technological change that has impacted on the family unit
*List current and future areas for the development necessary as a consequence of becoming a parent or carer
*what are the legal and socail implications of birth technologies in socail parenting
section 2
Analyse the following styles of parenting and possible related outcomes
styles of parenting
authoritarian
democtatic
permissive and indulgent
negligent
Write and description and possible out comes of parenting style both positive and negative
Whatever u could help with would be great

i-am-original

I'm old!!
HSC
We're doing the styles of parenting now (sortof - kinda just moved off it though) and I'm doing a literature review on them. If you have the Heinmann Community and Family Studies text book you'll find under 'Style of parenting' some descriptions of the styles which should help.

With your assignment, there should be a list of outcomes that you have to cover. Try to base your answers around those because that's how the teachers will mark it.

Do what cro_angel says, check out the resources on here. If your looking for articles on Parenting go to the Australian Institute of Family Services at www.aifs.gov.au and do a quick search.

DanielleM

HSC
anyone know the impact on caring responsibilities on young people? kinda stuck... l know stress.. but what else?

xox_eMz_xox

HSC
isnt it just the physical changes like havin to consider your fitness n diet management of energy is necessary to prevent fatigue, n developin skills and knowledge about bringing up children, um interuptions of sleep paterns..

n social changes could be the tpye and time of social acitivties, changes to sleep, develop relationships with other parents...

emotional prep, hormone levels in biologicla mother can impact their ability to cope with new demands, if the mother is struggling with her emotions then the father is required for support, developin a new relationship with a child can be emotionally challengin...

economic becomin a parent and raising a child is costly, they need to manage resources through budgetin

multiple role expectations as a result of commitments also takes up alot of time and energy

im not really sure if any of that is what you need for the qu... just a guess.. because either than that info we havnt really covered much about the impacts..

sweetcherrychic

HSC
I still dont get it

hey people i still dont get what to do can someone just tell me all the answers plz plz plz

sally_33

HSC
sweetcherrychic said:
hey people i still dont get what to do can someone just tell me all the answers plz plz plz
you cant just expect someone to do your assessment for you...

for the parenting styles bit, just use your textbook and research the style on the net, their should be quite a bit of info..

what are the legal and socail implications of birth technologies in socail parenting
this should be in your textbook too as its straight off the syllabus.

e.g. Legal implication of surrogacy (which i think is listed as 'social parenting')
In the event that the surrogate mother decides to keep the baby, the commisioning couple often has no right to the child. Even if it the father of the commisioning couples sperm, the courts will be reluctant to take the baby from its mother. (An example of a dispute over a surrogate baby is the american case Whitehead vs Stern, where once the baby was born the surrogate mother became attatched and felt she couldnt part with the child).

sorry i know its not much help but you really just need to do bulk of the research yourself, and as cro_angel said there should be some good parenting and caring notes on the resources page

good luck :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)