• i plan to go to uni and none of my parents have a degree

Votes: 16 19.5%
  • i just like clicking things

Votes: 7 8.5%

• Total voters

santaslayer

HSC
santaslayer said:
Both my parents finished primary school..no one started high school...that's just impressive. :p
Conclusion: SantaSlayer has the dumbest parents ever...:p

kelboo

HSC
My dad has had tertiary education but never graduated... if my brother wasn't born it'd be different now!!

Mum is a nurse, which she'd need a qualification for, but she's been at the same hospital, same job since she was 17 :rolleyes: I could never do that.

I don't plan on going to uni... why wasn't this an option on the poll? :mad: And also, I think you mean "neither parent", how many people have more than 2 biological parents?!!?!

baby_mulanz

so bored ~ sleepy
Heheh. So much for your theory Doe. Both my parents never completed High School. I'm at uni, my 2 bros and my sister in law also at uni ;)

It's just that University nowadays is more common then back in my parent's day. That's what i reckons~

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
kelboo said:
I think you mean "neither parent", how many people have more than 2 biological parents?!!?!
People who were born of a surrogate mother.

Besides, she defined parent, so your statement is invalid.

Persephone87

Parlez Francais!
HSC
My dad has a Bachelor in Pure Mathematics from USYD and a Doctorate in Computer Science from UCLA...my mum was a flight attendant...

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
I'm the first in my family to go to uni (including parents, brothers, cousins, whatever)
Same here. My dad left school when he was 16. My mum did year 12 and then got a job in the public service. Nobody in my family has a degree. But it is likely that me and all of my siblings will get degrees.

saladsurgery

kicking the cack
HSC
dad's done medicine (anaesthesia).
mum did occupational therapy ages ago, and she's almost finished a part-time fine arts degree.

i'm doing graphic design, so there's probably some influence in there...

ziggyboy

HSC
There is actually more pressure on students whose parents have degrees. I for one can say this. My dad has an engineering degree and an MBA. Mom has a commerce degree and an MBA as well. My dad actually paid for my mom's MBA when they were dating...so you can imagine the pressure my sister and I are getting from him right now to finish a good degree.

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
My dad has a chemistry degree, my mum left school after yr 10. I think my dad doing a degree partly motivated me to go to uni, since he has a well paid job now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)